Dancing With the Starson ABC is one of my all time favorite reality shows.
Ever since I was a 3 year old little girl at my first dance recital and was able to put on red lipstick without my mother objecting, I've been hooked on stage makeup and the glamour that comes with it.
The lure of being onstage, dressing up in over the top costumes and makeup, and then dancing in front of tons of people clapping, has a certain magic about it. So when I watch DWTS, I get slightly obsessed over the wonderful job the makeup artists do with the celebrities and professional dancers.
Who wouldn't want to look like Brooke Burke, Kim Kardashian, or Julianne Hough???
If you want to stand out like a DWTS personality, here are some tips how.
Caution: These *JennySue Tips* are not for the faint of heart- or for the au natural look;-)
1. Skin - Obviously, EVERYONE on DWTS is tanned to perfection-and it ain't all natural. To get that smooth gorgeous glowing skin, use a body scrub like Kiehl's Creme de Corps Soy Milk & Body Polish (the scent is really yummy) to create a smooth base. Then use a self tanner like Jergens' Natural Glow Express, it works quickly if you consistently use it for 3 days or so in a row. And it doesn't streak or smell bad!!! And to top off your newly tanned skin, add a lotion with a touch of gold shimmer, like Victoria's Secret Supermodel Shimmering Body Lotion.
2. Makeup - If you're on stage, dancing around,and doing any amount of sweating, you want your makeup to stay put. Estee Lauder's Double Wear Stay In Place makeup is the ultimate in long lasting foundation. Get your local Estee Lauder counter girl to color match you. *JennySue Tip* Ask her to let you walk outside to make sure the color reeeally works since those flourescent department store lights, uh hum, suck. And make sure to blend that foundation all the way down your neck so you don't have that "base mask" that stops at your jawbone.
3. Eyes - False eyelashes are a MUST to achieve those out-to-there peepers, so try Ardell short flare lashes, or if you want to spend a little more, try Shu Uemura False Eyelashes Luxe. Make sure to draw on some liquid eyeliner beforehand (waterproof of course) such as Almay's Liquid Liner- stays on forever!!!
4. Cheeks - Nothing shows up better than beautiful bright cheeks- so try any color by Nars- their blushes are the best money can buy with wonderful deep pigments. MAC blushes run a close second.
5. Lips - Go for the ultimate vibrant lipstick- any color that will get your lips noticed, whether it be a deep red or perfect raspberry. And to top it off, MAC Clear Lipglass is a MUST. It's the icing on the cake for getting that over the top lip that gets noticed. It's a clear lipgloss that is sticky, not gonna lie, but it has a fabulous clear varnish look about it.
Now you're ready to vamp it up for a night of dancing. And if you just don't feel that comfortable doing it all at once, pick one of your favorite attributes and go for it....Hey, if Cloris Leachman (she's 82 years old! you go girl) can pull off self tanner and false eyelashes...you can too.