Liquid liner done “Cat-Eyed” style is a rockin fresh look for any special occasion.
This look does require a steady hand – plain and simple. The remainder of the face should stay fresh and light with all the emphasis on the eyes.
To pull off this look, you have to:
- Start with clean and groomed brows. Brows are the frameworks of the face and if they aren’t cleaned up they ruin this strong eye.
- Apply a neutral skin colored matte shadow all over your eyelid to even out the skin tone on your eyelid. Then apply a champagne colored shadow that has a slight shimmer from the lash line to your crease. You want to keep the eye bed pretty simple since you’re about the vamp it up with strong eyeliner.
- For the liquid liner impaired, use a soft black or brown waterproof pencil and draw a “stencil” starting in the inner corner of the eye in the tear duct and draw short lines/dashes outward to the end up the eye and pulling it up into a corner V shape that connects to the lower lash line. This creates the “Cat-Eye” look. **Notice** the two pics of Angelina and Lauren I have included where the line gets slightly thicker towards the outside corner and it connects slightly to the bottom lashes looking like a sideways V.
- Take your liquid liner (black for a more dramatic look, and brown for a more subdued version) and basically draw over your penciled in “stencil” by connecting the lines. The best advice I can give you is to start your liquid liner in the middle of the eye and draw out, then take the liner and go back to the tear duct area and finish off by connecting to the middle.
- Curl your lashes with an eyelash curler then apply 2 to 3 coats of your favorite mascara on your upper lashes focusing on the outer corners. Then apply a light coat on the bottom lashes, again focusing on mainly the outer corner lashes. You want to stay focused on the outside of the eye with your liner and mascara products for emphasis on the cat look.
- For extra oomph, add 3 to 4 individual false lashes to the outer corners on just the upper lashes! I mean, if you’re going to do it, do it all the way!!
- Finish the rest of your look with pretty evened out skin, natural flushed cheeks, and a neutral very glossy lip. Wow, Sophia Loren, is that you???!!
*JennySue Tip* – When purchasing a liquid liner, buy a short chubby liner like Cover Girl’s Line Exact liquid liner for those with small hands to give you more control over the product. If you’ve got larger hands or longer fingers, it might be easier to control a liner with a longer handle like Prestige’s (you can get this line at Ulta or Sally Beauty Supply).