When you think Spring Makeup, black and brown don’t really pop into mind do they? Bright and vibrant pinks, greens, and blues feel more like it. I recently did a photo shoot with my gorgeous and extremely talented friend and choreographer, Jamie Lane Griego. I chose a makeup palette that expressed that “spring has sprung”! (Despite the wacky up and down weather patterns and snow flurries we’ve had down here in the south!) My very creative photographer, Abbey Lindsey of Dylan Blue Photography, captured some beautiful shots of Jamie!
A quick bio on Miss Griego. Very few people can say they’ve met, let alone worked with famous faces in country music such as Hank Williams Jr., Big and Rich, and Kenny Chesney.
- Well my long time friend Jamie has not only choreographed music videos for these famous country music men (Big and Rich’s “Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy was nominated for video of the year AND she even made a cameo appearance in the video as a lead dancer!),
- But she has also done choreography for the CMT Awards in Nashville TN, the 39th annual ACM award show in Las Vegas, and Brooks and Dunn’s tour footage. Woah.
- Jamie was also the girl in the Georgia Bulldog hat in Gretchen Wilson’s “Redneck Woman” video. I’m not a huge country music fan, but that was a catchy song. Go Dawgs.
- To add to that, she was even a preliminary judge on the show Dance Fever with famous “Dancing With the Stars” judge Carrie Ann Inaba.
- So this accomplished girl knows her dancing and how to work a camera – to put it mildly.
The following products I applied on Jamie can help you re-create her Spring Has Sprung look!
1. Eyes have it :: Jamie’s perfect almond shaped eyes that most of us would kill for, were exaggerated a bit with the undereye shadow color. The upper eyelid has Lancome’s “Visionary”($16.50) from lash to crease, which is a plum shimmer shadow that is a really beautiful color. The lower eyelid has Bobbi Brown’s “BlueBell” from her Bright’s Palette ($70), extended all the way from the inner tear duct up to the corner of the eye. The inner rim of the eye has been lined with Revlon’s Navy Colorstay liner ($7). This contrast of plums to blueish green makes for a stunning combination!!
2. Luxe Lashes :: Anyone in film or on music videos knows false lashes are a must in order for your eyes to pop. I used Ardell’s ($5.00) individuals (about 6 pieces per eye) on her upper eyelid.
3. Just Peachy :: I went for peach cheeks and peach lips, since the eyes were so dramatic. I like to keep a nice balance by playing up one feature then going more simple on the other. Her cheeks have on Nars “Orgasm” blush ($25) and the glossy lip can be accomplished by Stila’s Pearl Shimmer gloss in South Sea Coral ($22). This gloss actually claims to contain some genuine crushed pearls!!
4. Flawless Skin :: L’Oreal’s True Match Foundation ($11) mixed with Jemma Kidd’s Mannequin Skin ($23) luminizing lotion creates a picture perfect complexion!!
Jamie is currently teaching Master Classes and judging competitions all over the country for up and coming dancers who want to make it big in the world of dance. I’ve known Jamie all my life, and couldn’t be more proud of her beautiful spirit.