There are sooo many beautiful female celebrities out there in Hollywood that are about to turn- or have already turned- 40 years old this year! When you see this list of names, you'll probably be as shocked as I was! I thought a few of these talented ladies were around my age (sshh, 31)!
- Christy Turlington (supermodel)
- Jennifer Lopez (actress, singer)
- Catherine Zeta-Jones (actress)
- Gwen Stefani (singer, designer)
- Kim Fields (Tootie from Facts of Life - can you believe that??)
All of these women have aged beautifully and seem to be taking great care of themselves (hopefully inside and out!) - but they probably have a great makeup artist;-)
As we age there are a couple of makeup tricks we can all experiment within order to help turn back the clock or at least slow it down a bit. I bet a lot of these 40 year old stunners already implement these tricks.
1. Eyebrows. Keep the eyebrows as full and groomed as possible. Skinny eyebrows do not have a youthful appearance, nor do out of control wiry old lady eyebrows!
- According to eyebrow extraordinaire to the stars, Anastasia Soare, she advises to keep the space between your eyebrows the same size as one of your actual eyeballs. So pluck away at that space in between your eyes and keep it clean.
- If you've already committed that sin of plucking too much, you can fill in your brows with an eyebrow pencil or eyeshadow.
- Just make sure that the color you choose matches your haircolor (or a shade lighter for the most natural look).
- Then brush through the natural brows and additional color with a brow brush and set with a clear brow gel to keep the hairs in place.
2. Skin. As our skin ages, it tends to discolor and most of the time develops rosacea and ruddiness.
- Stick with a foundation that has a slight yellow tone to it to help tone down any unwanted redness.
- Also our skin loses elasticity over time and tends to get a little drier.
- Make sure that your foundation is hydrating like Olay's Simply Ageless foundation ($14), which touts a breakthrough serum that suspends the makeup over fine lines and won't settle inside them.
- It also contains an SPF of 22, so as to keep the sun from doing anymore damage to aging skin!
3. Lips. Lips tend to t h i n o u t as we age, causing them to look not as full and youthful as we once remember.
- Stick to a pinkier more neutral lip color instead of harsh darker brown colors which will draw attention to your thinning pout.
- Also use a chubby tipped lip liner or crayon, such as Shiseido's the Makeup Automatic Lip Crayon ($22) instead of a skinny liner.
- Then fill in your lips with this easy to maneuver product.
- Finish off with a lip plumper gloss and use it just in the center of the bottom lip and top cupids bow of the lip to give the illusion of fullness.
You don't have to be 40 to implement these makeup ideas, because they apply to anyone that is concerned with aging and wants to a face lift without the surgery;-)