I love it when beauty products withstand the test of time and become classics.
Cosmetic companies are forever changing up their products and discontinuing items. This can get a bit frustrating to us makeup junkies. You know how the story goes, we find something we love, we can't live without it and suddenly it flies off the shelf!! Just like classic beauty products that are sticking around, there are supermodel beauties like Linda Evangelista who are still very relevant in the beauty world, even at the age of 44! Linda currently has a modeling contract with L'Oreal Paris and was the face of the Prada Fall 2008 campaign. Not too shabby for a model old enough to be the mother to some of the more recent famous model faces! She's definitely an inspiration and proves that some women just get better with age.
Luckily, some old school products are still in vogue and out there for our consumption. Here are some "oldies but goodies" that hopefully will never die:
1. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara ($6).You know an old school list would not be complete without this pink and green tube. I like the waterproof version in blackest black.
2. Love's Baby Soft Body Mist ($10 ).I used this back in junior high school to smell baby powder soft and sweet!! Your local discount/drugstore probably still carries it and you just forgot how much you loved it. It's now in body mist form for an updated look.
3. Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup ($7).This product has been around awhile and is a good choice for beginner foundation wearers who might not be sure if they want to invest in liquid foundation. It's not too heavy and not too light - the perfect combo.
4. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick ($8).Revlon's formula has withstood the test of time and is still an all time favorite. "Love That Red" is a color that screams classic red!
5. Guerlain Terracotta Moisturizing Long Lasting Bronzer ($46).It is one of the only pricey old school products to mention, but I can't go without talking about it! This bronzer has won every makeup award out there. The powder is moisturizing, long wearing and ultra fine, all at the same time by this uber luxurious cosmetic company. So which one of these products do you still rock? If I forgot anything that deserves to be on this list, let me know your thoughts!