I am a big fan of white teeth. I am slightly obsessed with keeping mine white since I'm also a big fan of coffee and diet soft drinks, which equal, not so white teeth! I use Crest White strips every now and then but they make my teeth really sensitive so I end up not using the whole pack therefore not getting the full whitening effect!
So for Christmas, my hubby bought me a product from Tarte cosmetics, called the Enbrightenmint Pen ($26), which is a duo stick of the teeth whitener Brite Smile, on one side and shiny pale red gloss on the other side. He obviously knows how much I obsess over keeping my teeth as white as possible and over lipgloss, so this was a good choice on his part...how'd I get so lucky with a guy who knows me so well??
The picture up top shows the actual pen and the pic below is of my smile after about 6 uses over a span of 3 days(I applied it about 3 times a day). Now I know I didn't give you a before picture of what my smile was pre-Enbrightenmint pen, so take the color of my teeth for what it's worth and NO I don't own photoshop so this is straight up off my digital camera. No smoke and mirrors:-)
Here are the "bright" spots and "stained" spots about this products:
1. On the go teeth whitening option. Since I don't love wearing the white strips for 30 minutes a day, I can just slap some of this on while I'm in the car at the drive-thru or heading into school to pick up my kids.
2. No Mess. Since the teeth whitener dissolves, you don't have to worry about messing up your freshly applied lip gloss by taking off strips.
3. Pretty gloss color. This product only comes in one color, called Radiant Red, although I would describe it more as a sheer and super shiny berry red. Nothing says white teeth like a pretty berry mouth (one of the more complimentary lip colors for yellowed teeth). It is slightly sticky, but I don't take that as a con, bc lip gloss is generally not like wearing lipstick. I expect sticky and deal bc it looks good and shiny.
4. Good for you ingredients. Of course Tarte is known for their natural products, and the gloss is comprised of their super fruit complex which contains ingredients like acai, goji berry, and pomegranate to name a few. Tarte claims these have anti-aging and skin restorative properties about them, so why not!!
1. Pricey. I know whitening teeth is pretty expensive, but I feel $26 bucks is a little over the top since this whitener probably won't last very long. But again, my hubby paid for it, so maybe I shouldn't be complaining about the price;-)
2. Difficult to get product out. I literally thought he'd gotten me a bum product bc I couldn't get the product out! But after a lot of clicks and patience, both the color and the whitener came out after about 15 clicks each. I was kinda confused as to how to get each product out bc it has a center dial that you push up and click for one product, then push down the dial for the other one, so it was kind of frustrating. And I find myself to be a pretty bright female.
So all in all, I think it's a smart idea to do a dual pen with brightening properties all around. Because a woman's smile is one of her best accessories right??
Speaking of smiles, I also had to include a photo from my girls dinner last night at a yummy sushi restaurant in town called Utage. This is our monthly supper club girly get-together with some of my best-est friends, and this one just happened to be celebrating my birthday this month! Let's just say I'll be a couple years over 30 this year;-) We were missing one of our regulars (A we missed you terribly-I need my other brunette chick with me!) but other than her not being there, it was a good time had by all. We are all mommies of little ones, so this is a much needed break every month that we each look forward to! I've always heard it take less face muscles to smile than to frown, so smile at someone today:-) It will brighten your day and theirs.