What's in JennySue Makeup's DIAPER bag that is. Yes, now that I have a new infant again, I have changed out my everyday purse for my new phat, yes with a PH, Juicy diaper bag.
First, before I get into what I carry around to survive with me everyday I want to apologize to all my readers for taking so long in between blogs. I've been a bit busy since delivering my baby last weekend;-) Priorities ya know?!! However with a week under my belt I'm going to try and get a bit better slowly but surely once me and Miss Vivian get on a schedule. See this pink Paul Frank perfection picture below- isn't she is a vision of polka dot preciousness!! I'm so happy Target is now selling Paul Frank baby clothes - they are super affordable and super cute. I tried to link the newborn collection to the Target website, but they are all sold out right now so I linked the official PF website for you to see the monkey fab-ness.
Vivian's name is of Latin origin meaning "lively and vibrant" which I love and hope is true to her form as she ages. My favorite movie of all time is Pretty Woman, in which Julia Robert's main character name was Vivian. However, NOT the reason we named her that, but a neat piece of trivia!
So I am always intrigued when I read in a magazine what other females, celebs or not, carry around in their bags. We as women, especially mommies, carry around a whole lotta stuff to be able to function during the day.
Here are my everyday necessities from left to right:
- Ray Ban aviator sunglasses
- Hobo International Lauren vintage red wallet. If you don't own one of these- you should. It has tons of pockets and spots to put cards, money, and even a lipstick if it's not too full. Acts like a clutch if need be.
- Droid Eris cell phone with butterfly cover. It has my calendar on it, which I need handy at all times for baby doctor appointments, toddler playdates, client meetings, and weddings.
- Papaya small journal. This is for when I need to jot down things I need to remember because I can no longer rely on my memory at this point after delivery. Also see Droid phone above. I need backup at all times. Ha.
- Makeup touchups: pressed translucent powder- I hate adding colored powder to my face during the day bc it looks cakey. Translucent is all you need for taking down shine. 4 different shades of lip color- a red stain, a neutral sheer gloss, dark pink gloss, and light pink gloss. I think I have all my bases covered with these four!
- Two different sized diapers for the baby and my 2 year old. Quick prayer, "Please dear Lord let my two year become potty trained very very soon."
- Sensitive baby wipes. These are good for bottoms, cleaning hands that touch who knows what, and for cleaning my face is I have a makeup mishap or running mascara in this heat.
- Bath and Body Works Pocketbac anti bacterial hand gel in sea island cotton scent. So clean smelling and super small, fits anywhere.
- Play Doh. This is for when I choose to take all the kids to eat and need to keep them quiet in their seats. A small can of Play Doh is a genius invention that keeps them busy.
- Snacks: Extra Fruit Sensations gum in sweet watermelon and plain animal cookies. Always always have snacks on hand no matter what. Both are very low in calories too which is essential for me if I want to lose the baby weight pronto.
This might seem a bit ridiculous in terms of how much I need to survive everyday life, I get it. But when you've got that many pockets and spaces in a bag to store stuff, it's almost a challenge to see how many spots you can fill with things!! Even though this sweet little bundle looks low maintenance in the picture above, don't let her fool you. She needs lots of stuff as well as her two brothers that pal around with us everyday!
I'm curious...What are your bag/purse/diaper bag necessities??!