Who knew an air mattress woud be so fun in the snow!
I conquered my fear of the Dora the Explorer sled.
My hubby and my little princess
My big boy Jack always wanting to find a reason to play golf.
Just to give a little perspecitve on what we had delivered to our doorstep
I love this pic of my beautiful neighbor Megin, little Hank didn't like the snow so much :(
AND finally, the video of my ride with Vivian in the Baby Bjorn on the air mattress down the hill. And no, no small children were harmed during the taping of this video. Air mattresses are nice and fluffy;-)
I do not like cold weather. I live in the South for that very reason, that I shouldn't have to endure really cold weather. But obviously this is something that is out of my control and we are supposed to be getting hit with some brutal cold stuff and possible snow this weekend in Georgia, ugh. My husband and I went out to dinner last night and just walking to the restaurant from our parking spot was sooo not fun.
Me trying to make the best out of the freezing cold walk to dinner.
I believe the reason I'm so annoyed with the thought of snow at this point, is because I just got my Victoria's Secret swimsuit catalog in the mail. It's not the girls with the toned bodies and skimpy suits that make me jealous (although, yeah I'm pretty jealous of that, but we have a few months before I have to worry about being swim ready!). It's the background scenery of beaches and oceans that makes me insanely jealous. I would much rather be enjoying a pina colada by the ocean rather than hot chocolate by the fire!
So I decided to channel my cold weather complaints into an "ocean inspired" eye! Complaining accomplishes nothing right??!
The main ingredient used for my ocean colored eyes, was the Too Faced Smokey Eye Palette ($35). I used the cream, blue, and green shades only from this palette.
Easy way to get this ocean-like eye:
1. I used the matte cream color all over the lid
2. Swept the blue shade from lash line the crease, focusing on the outside corner of the eye.
3. Used the green shade from the lash line to right below the crease, focusing towards the inside of the eye.
4. Line the upper and lower lash lines with Avon's Glimmersticks eye liner in "starry night blue" ($6), then sweep the blue shadow over both lines to blend and soften the line. I love these eyeliners by Avon, they're my favorite for the price.
5. Curled lashes and added black mascara on top and bottom.
6. MAC glitter in "antique gold" lightly added in center of lid.
Other products used:
1. Maybellines Dream Smooth Mousse in color creamy natural
2. Olay's Simply Ageless concealer in corrector
3. Estee Lauder blush in color "tender petal"
4. Lancome Juicy Tube in color "simmer"
I also was able to try out my new hair cut and see if I could recreate the nice swoopy wave-like bang (ocean reference- clever huh??) that my stylish accomplished. Blow drying a brand new hair cut is always daunting for me bc I want to get it to look just like my stylist did when I left the salon, and it's usually impossible. But I think I did pretty good this time!! And it framed my eye shadow well;-)
Don'tcha just love how makeup can can take you to far away places without even leaving your house??!!