I was kind of infatuated with Jennifer Lopez's makeup from the Golden Globes on Sunday. I know the whole natural and neutral look seemed to be the most popular makeup look amongst the stars, so I thought it refreshing to see someone push the makeup envelope...you can only be impressed by a taupe eyeshadow after five or so celebs.
I just loooved the metallic silver look she wore on her eyes and had to try my hand at it!! So what better reason to try this look out than for my early birthday celebration?? There was no Brad and Angelina there, but it was a good time with some of my best and dearest friends!
Some of my favorite things I got to enjoy: sushi, baby Leland (one of my girlfriends' sweet little 7 week old supper club addition in my arms), and cupcakes!!
Me and my priceless girlfriends- and little man Leland- we made a male exception on his behalf;-)
My absolute favorite sushi- it has teriyaki chicken on top of the fried shrimp and avocado center...yuuuum.
My excited face while opening generous gifts from my friends!!
**For this look, all of the focus is on the eyes, then the lips and cheeks stay verrry low key!**
Here are the products I used to get this look:
1. Kat Von D Love and Fury Eyeshadow Palette. ($24) I used 4 of the 8 shadows.
- The cream shadow in "slayer" was applied from lash line to right above my crease as a base color.
- Then the ice blue color, "holy bible" was put on top of the cream, focusing on the inner part of the lid.
- "Albino" the super white shimmer color, was used inside the inner corner of my eye and along tear duct area.
- My crease color is "glock" and was used on the outer corner in a sideways v shape and on top of my black liquid liner.
2. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in "trooper" ink black ($18) used only on the upper lash line. I winged it out and made the line thicker towards the outer corner.
3. Mascara was by L'Oreal Voluminous in black. Two coats on top, one coat on bottom.
4. Jennifer's cheeks looked like they almost had no blush on them (I always need SOME blush), so I just used a touch of bronzer and then my Estee Lauder Signature blush in color "tender petal." ($26)
4. Fusion Beauty LipFusion Infatuation Lip Plumper in color "angelic" ($29) which is a most perfect light rose shimmer color, no lip liner necessary! And it gives me the illusion of having plumper lips that I really don't have;-) Again, keeping the cheeks and lips looow key and all emphasis on the eyes.
Even though the silver is kind of out there, I felt it could be made very wearable and worn off the red carpet for my fun birthday event. What do you think??
And who was your favorite red carpet makeup look from the Golden Globes??