I was kind of infatuated with Jennifer Lopez’s makeup from the Golden Globes on Sunday. I know the whole natural and neutral look seemed to be the most popular makeup look amongst the stars, so I thought it refreshing to see someone push the makeup envelope…you can only be impressed by a taupe eyeshadow after five or so celebs.
I just loooved the metallic silver look she wore on her eyes and had to try my hand at it!! So what better reason to try this look out than for my early birthday celebration?? There was no Brad and Angelina there, but it was a good time with some of my best and dearest friends!
Some of my favorite things I got to enjoy: sushi, baby Leland (one of my girlfriends’ sweet little 7 week old supper club addition in my arms), and cupcakes!!
1. Kat Von D Love and Fury Eyeshadow Palette. ($24) I used 4 of the 8 shadows.
- The cream shadow in “slayer” was applied from lash line to right above my crease as a base color.
- Then the ice blue color, “holy bible” was put on top of the cream, focusing on the inner part of the lid.
- “Albino” the super white shimmer color, was used inside the inner corner of my eye and along tear duct area.
- My crease color is “glock” and was used on the outer corner in a sideways v shape and on top of my black liquid liner.
Even though the silver is kind of out there, I felt it could be made very wearable and worn off the red carpet for my fun birthday event. What do you think??
And who was your favorite red carpet makeup look from the Golden Globes??