"Happiness is not the absence of problems,
But the ability to deal with them."
"We are constantly striving for success, fame, and comfort,
when all we really need to be happy is someone or something
to be enthusiastic about."
I am trying to enjoy today, but it's so hot I can hardly hear myself think!! I thought that the beginning of summer would bring a slower pace to my life now that my kids aren't in school...and I couldn't have been more wrong! My life seems to be getting more hectic than ever...I wish I could be as relaxed as my baby girl Vivian looks in this photo below. She might not look exactly happy, but she looks like she hasn't a care in the world!! And that's how this mama is trying to keep it for her ;-)
At times my hectic non-stop life makes me crazy, exhausted, and cranky. But when I really reflect on the fact that I'm getting anxious about having too many things planned and scheduled, it's ridiculous. Ridiculous bc I do ALL of my own planning and scheduling of daily activities- it's not like I have a secretary to blame!! Just little ole me.
JennySue doing her best Wonder Woman impersonation.
Sometimes I feel like her (after I've accomplished EVERYTHING on my to do list!)
Sometimes I feel like she's too hard an icon to live up to!!
I should be happy and grateful that I am having to figure out how to juggle all of the:
- makeup jobs and consults,
- all of the weddings and bridal parties I work with on the weekends,
- all of the beauty products being sent to me by various companies who want me try out their products and then review them on my blog,
- all the scheduled summer camps, play dates, and swimming lessons my kids are signed up for.
All of these things means I have wonderful clients to work with, great friends to be around, that my kids have the opportunity to mingle with others, and that companies respect my opinions I put out here on my blog that they would trust me enough to ship me their goods to try out.
What do I have to complain about??? NOTHING- and I must remind myself of that constantly. I just need to enjoy today and what it has to offer and tackle one thing at a time so as not to get overwhelmed.
With that being said, here are a couple products I've been sent that I am truly "looking forward to" sharing with all of you once I have used them for awhile to test them out- it won't be tomorrow- my schedule is too hectic...ha!! But it will be sooner than later.
Here's a peak at what you can expect:
My Luminess Air package of goodies!!
1. Luminess Air. This is a makeup airbrush system that I have always wanted to try out. The art of airbrushing has always intrigued but intimated me- even as a professional makeup artist. This kit comes with an instructional DVD and booklet, plus different shades of foundation and even blush and shadow!! I am working hard to perfect a live video for all my followers- it'll be my first tutorial so keep a look out for it!
My bare eye lashes BEFORE Cilea.
Can't wait to compare this pic to my AFTER in 4 weeks of use!
2. Cilea Eyelash Growth Stimulator. This is a cosmetic product that is designed to make your lashes stronger, longer, thicker, and healthier, without a doctors prescription like a Latisse. I'm going to use this product for 4 weeks before I put up a blog with its results to give it a good chance at giving me luscious natural lashes!! It's brand ambassador and VP of product development is Vicki Gunvalson of Bravo's The Real Housewives of Orange County- and you know I'm all over this reality show!!
So I'm going to enjoy today, and tomorrow, and look forward to what each crazy hectic waking moment brings me!! And be HAPPY about it!!
How do you manage your crazy days??