See, drugstore aisle shopping is good enough for Kourtney Kardashian!!
I thought I'd share with you some of JennySue Makeups favorite drugstore beauty buys and advice when taking your next trip to treat yourself to some inexpensive cosmetic and skin care products.
(I've even done some personal makeup shopping for clients, shown here, where we've hit up my fave makeup place, Target! You can pretty much find anything beauty you're looking for!)
ADVICE when hitting your local CVS, WalMart, and Target:
1. Always keep your receipt when buying cosmetics. Almost all of these low priced retailers will take back an opened bottle or tube as long as you have your original receipt. It's not your fault you couldn't figure out that perfect color of foundation with the shrink wrap on it!!
2. If you want to know the newest trends in colors and products, check out these stores around January and July. These are the two most popular months when most of the cosmetics line incorporate new shades. That means, this month ladies!!!
3. Buy those multi-packs of mascara. This is probably the only time I would say do buy a makeup product in bulk bc it will save you $$ in the long run. This is because mascara goes bad so quickly (you should toss yours after 3-4 months of use) due to the opening and closing and the amount of bacteria and air that is pushed in and out of that tube. And it's right up close to your eyes which is the most sensitive area on your face.
My all time fave mascara that is almost always available in a multi pack at Target
Cover Girl's Lash Blast waterproof mascara in very black.
4. Buy German made products. (Thanks to Allure magazine for this tid bit!) Apparently when you buy eye liner and lip pencils made in Germany, they're going to be the best possible quality. That's because there are 2 factories there that make luxury brand liners as well as drugstore ones. So you're getting the best pigments and waxes in them. I did try and do some investigation work on the Scrib.com site on the Top 100 Cosmetic Manufacturers to find out exactly which companies are German based, but no cosmetic ones rang a bell. Only Nivea, Eucerin, and LaPrarie (super pricey line, but great!) rang a bell.
WHAT TO BUY when hitting your local CVS, WalMart, and Target:
1. Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion w SPF 30 ($9). Woo hoo!! This product is made in Germany, must be pretty good huh??!! I say this lotion, bc not only is it a good inexpensive alternative for moisturizer/spf, but bc it's also a great idea to lather up your neck, chest and tops of hands with this. Why you ask?? Because not only do you want to keep the sun damage/spots off your face to prevent looking aged, but you want a youthful looking neck and hands that don't give away that age. So use a cheaper lotion that you don't mind squirting a ton of.
3. Sonia Kashuk's 5 piece wooden brush Small Treasure set ($15). Now you can only get this at Target or online, but I love love anything this lady does. She makes outstanding beauty products at killer affordable prices. If you need new makeup brushes, but don't want to end up with cheap ones that don't actually work, buy these. There are 4 great sizes for the beginner or advanced and it comes in a super cute khaki and gold bag! That's less than 3 bucks per piece- you seriously cannot beat that price!!
What are your drugstore product favorites and advice you can give?? Or do you prefer the counter people at the mall??