I have seen the vivid and colorful eyeliner trend all over my fashion magazines. So of course, I had to give this look a try on myself. This striking trend is actually super easy to pull off since I kept the rest of my makeup very simple. This look was seen with slight variations on the Spring 2011 runway shows from Derek Lam to Christian Dior. So apparently, this is one HOT look!
Christian Dior model on left. Derek Lam model on right.
I like it with the muted lips personally.
Keys to making this look work:
1. Keep the line thick and winged but only on the upper lash line. It makes more of a statement! And makes it easier to reproduce since you don't have to mess with any color on the lower lash line.
2. Lots of mascara on the upper and lower lashes.
3. Keep the rest of your eye bed makeup neutral so as not to compete with your bright liner. I used a matte ivory all over with a super light taupe color in the crease.
4. Use a colored liquid liner ( I have on Mark's Metalliner in "blue chrome") with a matching bright shadow on top to set it and give it more of a punch (I used Bobbi Brown's bright palette color "bluebell").
My main products used for this look.
5. Keep the cheeks and lips lighter than the eye so they don't overpower (unlike the Dior look- cool for runway, not everyday life!). I have on Lady Gaga's MAC Viva Glam Gaga which is a white based pink lipstick.
What other spring makeup trends have you seen that you want to try out OR want me to re-create for you?? Let me know!!