Today is my birthday, and I have finally come to realize that they are a blessing. Yes each year older comes with challenges (hello crows feet creeping up, thinning hair, stiff grey hairs I have to pull out every other day, and forgetting where I placed my keys!), but now I’m able to see my birthday as more of a blessing because celebrating another year, means I’m being granted the opportunity to make this year better than the one before!!
Lots of balloons and candles- hubby take note!}
Now there was a time when I thought birthdays were depressing. It started after I hit the big 22 and I thought that all of the “big” fun birthday moments were gone forever and I was going to have nothing to look forward to but getting old. By “big fun” moments, I mean like turning 16 (being able to drive), turning 18 (knowing you have the right to vote), and then the obvious 21 (you were finally old enough to legally drink champagne on your birthday). Luckily, with age has come a bit of wisdom, plus I have my precious children and wonderful husband to thank for allowing me to see the birthday glass half full and that I have so much to look forward to!
I love looking into zodiac signs and reading horoscopes. I’m an Aquarius and always enjoy reading different versions of my water bearer sign as well as reading about the Chinese calendar, which celebrates the year of the horse (1978). If you share my sign, here are some characteristics about us:
- true people persons who value friendships
- creative and imaginative
- we are stubborn in our opinions
- our greatest enemy is “boredom”
- are ruled by our circulatory systems which means we are prone to circulatory problems such as varicose veins (this shocked me, bc I struggled with terrible varicose veins during 2 of my 3 pregnancies! Had no idea I had my sign to thank for that!
- being exciting and extroverted
- vivid and animated
- the Horse is the life of the party at any he attends
- entertains friends and strangers alike with humor and appeal
Thanks to celebuzz.com, I found this in depth list of fellow Hollywood Aquarians.
Some of the major players include Justin Timberlake, Oprah Winfrey, John Travolta,
Rihanna, and Jennifer Aniston just to name a few.
Not a bad group to be associated with huh??