It’s not a huge surprise that female celebrities drive and inspire a lot of of my current beauty purchases and makeup looks. I am a confessed pop culture junky and proud of it. I think it’s fun to find out what products certain Hollywood types depend on to keep up their red carpet looks. Most of them have a team of professionals behind them when it comes to hair, makeup, and skin care, so why wouldn’t we trust their suggestions?!
Here are some of my current favorite celeb beauty secrets from around the web.
1. Emily Blunt looked amazing at a recent NewYork premiere via Instyle.com in her shockingly fuchsia pink matte lipstick. Luckily the shade she sported was a $7 tube of lipstick called “Spellbound” by CoverGirl, so even the masses can score this look. See, celebs are like us and use drugstore brand makeup!!
2. My newest girl crush would have to be Krysten Ritter, and it’s because I wish I could pull off her blunt bang hair cut. She reminds me of a modern day doe eyed beauty, Audrey Hepburn, and claims to Allure Magazine that she “came out of the womb with bangs and keeps them because they’re too much of a pain to grow out.” I think this hair cut frames her face brilliantly. I might just try this look on myself when the weather gets cooler and I don’t have bangs sticking to my forehead!
3. Country stunner Carrie Underwood has always intrigued me with her flawless skin. Since she’s been in all sorts of skin care ads from Neutrogena and now named Olay’s first ever brand ambassador, it’s no surprise that she lists their Olay Total Effect line as part of her current skin care routine. I’ve never seen a blemish or fine line on this chick, so I’m all in for these products.
4. Charlize Theron always seems to have a beautiful bronzed glow about her, and it’s apparently thanks to Dior’s Bronze Original Tan bronzer in Spicy Tan. Her makeup artist claims that it warms up the stars usual fair complexion just perfectly, per Elle.com.
5. Popular tattoo artist Kat Von D., who also has her own makeup line exclusively in Sephora, knows the trick to keeping your makeup staying put all day. And no, it’s not to tattoo your makeup on like you would think! It’s to use primers, such as Urban Decay’s eyelid and complexion primers, to set and keep your look fresh all day long without having to constantly reapply.
What celebrity beauty secrets have you heard of that you can share??