After trying the sock bun multiple times, I've come to realize it's best done on 2 day old shampooed hair or even older. It just doesn't work or get slick enough on super clean hair - hallelujah!! I say this because I have no time to wash my hair every day, so this is the answer to my hair prayers.
There are seriously a million videos on how-to do the sock bun, but these are my two favorites by YouTuber's Carli Bybel (tight and high look) and WendysLookBook (looser version). I wore this to a makeup demonstration I did last night for a group of ladies, hence the fancier than usual clothing and makeup:) It was perfect, and made me feel put together and super chic.
My makeup components for the night consisted of:
1. Revlon PhotoReady foundation in nude.
2. Sonia Kashuk "Melon" blush.
3. Ardell "wispies" in black lash strips. (my absolutely FAVE strip lashes!)
4. MAC "Prussian" eye liner.
5. Stila "Oasis" shadow + Too Faced Matte Eyeshadow Collection.
6. Too Faced Glamour Gloss in "barely legal."
Besides the sock bun being super easy to create, it also has the power to give me an instant face lift because it's pulled so tight!! Seriously, I love that.
Have you tried the super popular sock bun yet??