1. To use my tennis shoes more for working out and not just for a fashion statement. First step towards this, I chunked down the money to renew my gym membership last week. It wasn't cheap, so I MUST use this and go at least 2-3 times a week to feel I'm getting my monies worth. I might need to buy cuter workout clothes though- my old sorority tshirts from 15 years ago aren't going to inspire me to get in the gym!
2. Drink more water. I'm the worlds worst about this. I'd rather drink coffee, juice, sweet tea, wine, anything but plain water. And my kids are the same way - so I've got to set by example and start drinking the clear stuff. I got this cute water Tervis for Christmas (thanks mom) and my goal is to drink 2 things full of it a day. This is not going to be easy for me.
3. Go to bed earlier. There are tons and tons of articles written about how people that sleep at least 6-7 hours a day are more alert, smarter, and don't age as quickly. Sign me up for hitting this pillow before my usual 11:30pm at night. Luckily my kids are great sleepers so it's my own fault that I don't go to sleep earlier. I need to turn off my iPhone after 9pm because I swear it keeps me up. I will switch to reading my magazines more...in bed.
4. Taking my vitamins religiously. Specifically fish oil and B-12. In a nutshell, fish oil supplements contain the omega 3 fatty acids found in fish, which I eat little to none of. It's also known to be great for reducing the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and brain function. Even better, it's supposed to be good for stronger hair and more beautiful skin. Related article here. The B-12 supplement is to help with energy, support metabolism, and the central nervous system. I'm wanting it more to help with my energy level than anything and plan on adding in more fruits and veggies in my diet to help speed things along. Plus the working out thing - they're all interconnected right??
- Resolution - a fact. a "formal expression of opinion or intention, an absolute, you are going to do this."
- Goal - also a fact. a "result or achievement towards which effort is directed, aim, ending."
The fact I'm categorizing these as goals, it means that I am going to strive to achieve these things and will take baby steps to get there because I will be less likely to give up as if I were going to call these "resolutions." I realize all 4 of these are very easy to implement, it's just going to take some practice. Luckily, me posting this on my blog is a good start bc I have you all to hold me accountable for these things! Ha!
These things have nothing to do with mascara or cleaning my face every night. But I guarantee if I can accomplish these goals, the beauty from the inside will show outward in my energy level, which will affect my overall appearance! And of course my shiny healthy hair and skin:)
What are your inward beauty goals for 2014?
Follow along with me!