I am a big fan of a good nude lipstick that doesn't wash me out. It's my comfort zone look. So when I found out that L'Oreal had one named "Jennifer's Nude" well, let's just say I had to buy it just because it had my name on the sticker...seriously. Ok, so they didn't name it after moi, but it is still cool to own a really AWESOME lipstick with your first name on it!! I'm also a big Jennifer Lopez fan so that added to my intrigue of buying it, because the singer/celebrity/mama can rock a NUDE LIP like no other!
This shade I'm wearing is part of a 4 piece collection of different nude variations from L'Oreal Paris of 4 celebrity faces : Eva Longoria, Doutzen Kroes, Freida Pinto, and of course Jennifer Lopez.
After some research online it looks like they also had ones for a couple other female celebs like red head Julianne Moore, but I didn't see them when I bought mine at Target. I'm thinking this JLo shade must be fairly new bc I searched and searched for them being sold online but keep seeing that they are breaking with matching nail polishes in Spring 2014 so I guess just keep your eyes peeled in your local drugstore for these lipsticks and polishes.
What I love about this lipstick :
- The black matte packaging with the gold touches makes it look like a super expensive lipstick you would buy at Sephora or fancy department store. Y'all know I'm a sucker for a pretty tube of lipstick.
- The formula and texture of this is divine. It glides on and feels extremely hydrating and buttery to the lips without being too slippery. Which is also a shame it feels so good, because I have been constantly applying it, which means it's going away fast!
- It smells nice, which means it almost has no scent.
- This specific color is literally my perfect nude, because being a fair to medium skin tone (NOT like JLo ironically) it has the right amount of warmth to it where I don't look dead or washed out, but still has an ever so slight bit of pink that makes my lips look healthy and not brown like some nudes do.
- And for the $6 price I paid - well it is worth every penny.
If you want to see an awesome comparison of all four colors, check out Beautezine.com and the swatches of each nude offered. I really like the looks of them all except for the Doutzen one that seems like it would wash me out being a bit too frosty light pink. Overall, I'd say this collection is a must look at for anyone in the market for an easy to wear neutral lipstick.
*I'm wearing Stila In The Light palette on my eyes and my usual Nars "Orgasm" blush in case you were curious!*
Have you gotten a hold of one of these limited edition nudes?
Follow along with me!
Click on my Subscriber Box on the RIGHT hand side of the blog
so you never miss a JSM moment!