Exfoliating my face is one of those beauty processes that I really get into when it’s shower time. I love to feel smooth and soft skin!! Luckily, my skin is pretty tough, doesn’t have many issues, and is very resilient. It can “take a lickin’ and keep on tickin'” if you know what I mean. So exfoliation products get a lot of use in my house.
I was excited to try out this POWDERWorks product, first of all, because it is created right here in the good ole US of A in Atlanta, GA area near me! But the real reason we are here is to talk about what makes it unique and how it performs. I even posted pics of me with no makeup on to show you the after results…ok, ok, so I have on a tinted lip balm and did my eyebrows before these were taken – but my skin IS bare!!
- First off, it starts as a powder form (shocker -ha!) when you first shake it out of the cute aluminum can thingy. When you add water to it, it becomes a paste.
- Is is completely acid free – which is different because most exfoliants are NOT, which makes this one ideal for those with much more sensitive skin than myself and every skin type can use it.
- If you want a simple face product that only contains 5 ingredients, here ya go. I checked the label of my other exfoliator product (yes, all acid based!) and they each had at least 30 ingredients listed.
- Smell is one of the first things I notice when using any face product, and this one doesn’t really have one. If I had one issue with it, it would be this. I actually really love for my face products to have a pleasant fragrant almost flowery or fresh scent. This one is slightly chalky in smell but overall, fragrance free. This is a very personal detail though.
- Feel wise, it’s not abrasive at all – no scrappy shell pieces here. Which makes you wonder if it’s really working, but once it’s washed off, you can tell it did. But in the softest and most gentle way.
- Pricing – it’s $39 for a 60ml/2oz can, with free shipping when bought on their site. For me who can handle the harsher acids from the drugstore products, that’s a lot pricier than I am used to. But if you’ve got super sensitive skin, this is probably a great deal for getting polished healthy looking skin without the irritating acids. I’ve just been using this for about a week so it’s hard to say how long this can will last me, but I know if I wanted to use it everyday, I could because it’s so gentle. I bet it would probably last me around a month or two as a good guess.
(FYI – All of these photos were taken with my iPhone because I lost the SD card to my real camera before taking these – ugh!!! Luckily after posting this though, I of course found it!)
*This product was sent to me for consideration only by POWDERWorks. All opinions expressed are honest and my own.*