I always say that I won’t try or buy a product JUST because of the celebrity it is endorsed by. But then, never say never. That’s why when I was given the chance to try out multiple products from Modern Mom on the Sheer Cover Studio line that is endorsed by beautiful mom Brooke Burke-Charvet, well, I couldn’t turn it down. If it’s good enough for Brooke, it HAS to be good enough for me right??
Have you seen this woman?? She is a machine!! She is 42, has 4 kids, a hot hubby, and the most sick body you’ve ever seen! Check out this video for her recent shoot with Shape Magazine where she even mentions these Sheer Cover products towards the end! She’s got all of that plus a beautiful face that never seems overly “done” (unless you count her time on Dancing With The Stars, but that was part of the job:)).
Here are the products I was sent from the line to give me that effortless but flawless looking skin.
Overall Take Away:
- Although I’ve never been a huge fan of mineral makeup because I don’t feel it provides the best coverage like a liquid does, I did find this stuff to do a decent job of giving me a very natural look. And it felt like I literally had nothing on my face.
- Staying power, not so great. Felt I needed to brush on more powder within hours of first application despite the primer. Yes, I think these pics look great, but they were taken right after application. It literally started to fade an hour later.
- Without the primer, this would not have looked nearly as good, so the primer is a MUST.
- Love the lashes, definitely gave more volume than mascara alone.
- My favorite products – the concealer and brightener were pretty awesome. Very creamy, lightweight, and blended in beautifully and provided great coverage.
- I consider my skin to be light to medium in tone – so I was shocked the medium shade of mineral powder worked for me. But I definitely could not have gone lighter or I would have looked like a ghost!
- This won’t be what I would wear for a big event or going on a date with my hubby, but it will be something I would wear if I was in a time crunch or to go to the gym (yes, I wear a little bit when I workout, don’t judge).
If you like the looks of these products, Sheer Cover & Modern Mom are hosting a GIVEAWAY for 10 lucky ladies to win all of these products reviewed here. Just go to THIS LINK to enter to win!
Are you a mineral makeup fan or have you tried Sheer Cover yet?
*These products were sent to me by Modern Mom for consideration only. All opinions and thoughts expressed are honest and my own. *