This has been a popular subject that I’ve been asked to touch on by many of my mommy friends who either work outside the home or work inside the home, but both groups share the common frustration on how to look fabulous (or at least not like you’ve pulled an all nighter at the Georgia Theatre) in the least amount of time.
Looking as perky as mother of three Kelly Ripa or let’s face it at bare minimum presentable while also trying to feed, change diapers, and squelch 7am temper tantrums- yes, they start that early, seems like mission impossible. You might only have 5 to 10 minutes to yourself once all mommy duties are accomplished.
You need to know what the quickest, most necessary beauty steps are since you’ve just popped in a Baby Einstein video to keep the kids somewhat entertained and time is ticking.
1. Wash Your Face the Night Before. This goes without saying anyway, but you must wash your face before you go to bed. No if ands or buts about it. I know you are beat down once the kids are in bed (I am too) and you’ve cleaned the tornado that just went through your house. Take the time to wash your face, it’s one less step you will have to do in the morning. Yep, no need to wash your face again in the morning if you’ve already done it the night before unless you sleep on pillow cases layered with mud or have a habit of sleep walking and end up on the porch. Just a splash of water will do it the next morning.
2. Eyes & Concealer. concealer is like your AMEX, don’t leave home without it!
- Dab a color that is one shade darker than your natural skin tone all over your eye bed. Get under your eye to even out blotchy skin tone, as well as hitting around your nose and any other blemishes.
- Sweep a neutral shimmer champagne colored shadow, from lash line to eye crease.
- Curl your lashes and add 2 coats of mascara just on the top lashes. (If your eye beds are looking dark and puffy you don’t want to add to that darkness by putting mascara on bottom lashes).
*Quick JennySue tip* -Take a white eye pencil (I like the el cheapo N.Y.C. brand) and line the inside rim of your bottom lash line. This trick instantly helps lift the look of your eye and distracts from veiny redness).
3. Loose Mineral Powder. Bare Minerals is the original brand that seemed to invent the mineral craze, but I’ve found that Maybelline’s Mineral Power is just as good for half the price. Mineral powder is hard to screw up and with a few quick strokes over your T-Zone, that should be good enough to fake a decent complexion.
4. Blush. Wear pink blush. I believe pink is pretty and uplifting. Estee Lauder’s “Petal” is the perfect pink.
5. Lip gloss. Lip gloss is also hard to screw up and can be put on while you’re pulling into your parking space at work with no mirror or if you’ve got a 3 year old tugging on your leg at home. Pick a very neutral gloss that mimics the pinkest part of your natural lip. I am loving Revlon’s Super Lustrous lip gloss with SPF in “Nude Lustre”, it’s an easy color for everyone to pull off.
If you need a few more minutes to finish these 5 steps, go ahead pop in another Disney video, your children and face will thank you for it. Here’s hoping you were able to get pretty in a flash 😉