It’s easy to get caught in a makeup rut when you’ve been at home all day with the kids or you’ve been slaving away at work and are completely exhausted by the end of the day. Neither scenario gives you time to even think about what your face looks might look like by the end of the day. AND worst of all, neither gives you any recognition for the job you’ve performed!
So, with New Years 2009 arriving and a few more end of the year parties coming up, give yourself a pat on the back for your hard days work you’ve done. Then take a few of these quick tips on how to make the most glamorous face possible in the least amount of time for your evening out.
I can’t promise you’ll look like the unbelievably gorgeous Rihanna in her “Before” OR “After” picture, but you will see what a few minor makeup changes can do to make you more fabulous at the end of the day.
- This is the easiest feature to glam up your look quickly. NO matter what eye color you have, add navy blue eyeliner…it’s universally flattering.
- Definitely add a line along your upper lashes for a quick pick me up (it’s more fun than boring brown or black, but not too extreme that it takes celebrity status to pull it off)
- And if you’ve got time, go ahead and rim the inside of your bottom lashes too.
- Try Cover Girl’s Gel EyeSlicks in Dark Denim, as you can smudge it easily too for a smokey look – just beware of the hard to sharpen issue – you have to buy CG’s sharpener!
*JennySue Tip* Add an extra coat or two of mascara to those lashes also – choose the color black mascara for more drama.
- Add a bronzer/highlighter product all over your t-zone area to combat that “I’m not that tired” dull skin look.
- LORAC makes an awesome product called Perfectly Lit ($32)that does just that of luminizing your skin immediately with a couple swipes of your blush brush!
- I like and recommend the shade “Radiant.”
- If you’re really pressed for time, just sweep a translucent powder all over your face to tone down any greasy shine.
- Good News!! You can’t mess up translucent powder and won’t be worried about having a “foundation mask” from not doing a good job of blending around your jaw.
- Another great option to translucent powder is Prescriptives Magic Powder ($35) – it’s a loose powder that helps diffuse fine lines and pore size while giving your skin a luminous look.
- It also comes in a “red neutralizer” formula for those you that are prone to a muddy redness problem on your skin.
- Gloss is the easiest and fastest way to pump up your pout.
- You can go for a brighter lipcolor if it’s in a gloss formula because it won’t be as a harsh of a look as a matte lipstick and a brighter color does wonders for lifting your look.
- L’Oreal Colour Juice lip glosses ($8) are a nice inexpensive way to go and has a great warm range of colors that work for lots of different skin tones.
- Try a punch of color like “Melon Punch” or “Tutti Frutti.”