Mascara is my #1 beauty product I absolutely DO NOT leave the house without it. Period. It’s that important to me.
One of the questions I get most asked about from clients and friends is, “What is your favorite drugstore mascara?” So of course I have an opinion on the subject because I’ve literally tried every tube and formula on the market and I wear it every single day. Most people don’t want to spend a ton on mascara because you have to replace it so often. (Yes, every 4 months is the rule of thumb. Longer than that and it’s drying out, tons of yucky bacteria breeding inside the tube, and it probably isn’t performing at its best at that point anyway.)
So here are my TOP 5 DRUGSTORE MASCARAS. A type and formula for every lash!
1. L’Oreal Voluminous Original. I’ve used this for years. Since college. Whenever I get tired of the new fancy stuff that just hits the market, I always go back to this old staple. It never disappoints with just the right amount of fullness and length.
2. Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express. It took me about a week of use to finally realize how much I liked this mascara. After a little buildup on the slightly curved brush, it does give much fatter lashes. The wand does make it a bit trickier to do bottom lashes, but that’s a small price to pay for how “fake” it makes my upper ones look!
3. Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof. When it comes to a waterproof mascara for wearing to the gym and pool, I go for another oldie but goodie, the pink and green tube. Certainly most normal females don’t worry about even bothering about putting on mascara for either one of those places, but if you’re like me, it’s a must no matter what! This formula stays put thru the chlorine and the sweat!
4. Cover Girl LashBlast Clump Crusher. If you’re one of those who cannot STAND to have mascara clumps and don’t want to be bothered with separating each lash with an additional tool, then this is your mascara. It doesn’t give the fakest, fullest, or longest lashes ever, but it does deliver clump free beautifully separated lashes as marketed. I have even tried to make it clump by switching the wand back and forth and up and down, and it holds fast to its motto of crushing any clumps that try to form.
5. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous False Fiber Lashes. I think the wand on this one is what delivers the best looking lashes because it tapers off at the end of the wand getting even those hard to reach short ones near the inner tear duct area. The little spoolie things along the wand grab at every lash creating a thicker looking lash that makes you feel like you had some extra fullness immediately added to each hair!
What are your favorite drugstore mascaras? Am I missing out on any great ones?