With it getting colder here in Georgia, it’s finally starting to feel like the holidays, which I LOVE! What I don’t love, is that with these frigid temps come my paler, color-less looking skin I end up with. So this calls for the need to change up my makeup products and shades so it looks like I’m getting a little vitamin D in my life!
Here are some of the easy ways I am going to WARM UP my look when the weather cools off…
1. Add a liquid bronzer like LORAC TANtalizer (my absolute favorite!!), $12, to your foundation to ramp up the warmth and glow. Luckily they offer this in a smaller less expensive tube which is awesome because a little goes a long way! You want realistic looking bronze skin, not a fake oompa loompa face. This product says its for the body, but I’ve been using it on my face and neck for years!
2. I switched up my shadows to include a light tan shade first from lash line to crease.
3. I then chose a deep shimmery copper to place in my crease where you can feel the eye socket. I am using an old ELF palette for these 2 shades, but Stila has 2 great coppery shades in “Twig” and “Barefoot Contessa.”
4. Then add a rich coffee colored brown to your lash line. This one is my new must have by Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On eyeliner in “Corrupt,” $19. It has an ever so subtle shimmer to it…gorgeous!
5. My skin gets super dry in the winter months so I usually switch to a cream/gel blush like this one by Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush, $8. I am wearing “peach satin” which is a coral peach shade, and “tamale” is a good deeper shade for darker skin. Replace your light pink blushes for peachy based shades for a warmer look.
6. I just recently received a sample of Stila’s Color Balm Lipstick in “Vivienne,” $22, and I am thrilled with it. Not only does the formula have a smooth, hydrating, buttery-like feel, it has a bit of minty tingle to it and a rich color payoff! I would buy 5 tubes of this shade if they had spelled her name right…hahaha!
(If you’re just now reading my blog, my daughter’s name is Vivian, tee hee)
SHOP THE PRODUCTS :
I hope everyone has a great weekend! The cooler temps should be sticking around here and I’m heading further south to visit my kids grandparents, which means mom gets a little bit of a rest with 2 extra sets of hands around! Awesome. What are you doing this weekend?