I think I can safely say, that spring has finally SPRUNG here in Georgia (crossing fingers no more cold snaps!) And that means it’s time to welcome in some new beauty products, but also bust out some trusty oldies for the season!
MY 5 BEAUTY ESSENTIALS TO WELCOME SPRING!
(Products from left to right from photo above)
1. Signature Spring Scent. Sonia Kashuk Purple Seductia Eau De Toilette, $19.99 : I bought the spray body oil in this same scent a couple months ago and just recently purchased the eau de toilette bc I wanted to pack some more punch in how good I will be smelling this spring! Although this tends to go slightly musky (bc of the patchouli) which kind of feels fall/winter, the addition of the hints of rose and pomegranate give it a punch of spring flowers and fruits! This fragrance is in a word ‘sultry’ and when I wear it I feel like I don’t smell like anyone else. And it’s super cheap compared to the rest of the fragrances I typically wear since you can get it at Target!
2. White Nail Polish. L’Oreal Nail Color in “I will”, $5.99 : Nothing screams warmer weather like the color WHITE! Remember the old rule of “no white before Easter and none after Labor Day,” then Easter is right around the corner and bring on the bright white! Once my hands get a little more color to them (maybe I’ll speed it along with some self tanner) this will be a winning color and go with everything I wear! I love a crisp white nail and how sophisticated it looks. The one I own above seems to be out of stock most places so here are some similar shades – fancy version | cheap version.
3. Colored Lip Balms (1 bright and 1 pastel). I have 2 shown here, Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in “Wild Watermelon” $6.49 and L’Oreal Colour Riche Balm in ” Pink Satin” $5.99. I’m actually wearing the pink satin in these photos. You’ll notice that in the spring I try to lighten up on my products and wear ones that are more sheer (such as my foundation below). My clothes get lighterweight in the warmer weather and so do my makeup products. These L’Oreal Balms and Revlon Lip Butters are perfect for keeping the lips feeling hydrated with pretty color during the sunny days.
4. A Liquid Highlighter. Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer, $28 : The two pics up top show the beautiful highlighting job that this Josie Maran product can do you for your cheekbones – they glow without being too harsh or disco-y! I absolutely adore this champagne based shade and it seriously works on pale skin to dark skin. And just a dab will do ya! I apply a few drops right underneath my foundation on the tops of my cheekbones and center bridge of my nose. You could also apply it right on your brow bone to make it pop!
5. Lightweight Foundation. MAC Face and Body Foundation, $27 : I wear color N2. When warmer weather comes around, I don’t feel the need to wear such heavy makeup, especially foundation. This one by MAC is one of their most popular formulas and it is a build able product that gives the most amazing dewy skin finish. Just FYI, this wouldn’t work for someone who wants full on coverage or has many skin issues to hide. Luckily I was blessed (thanks mom!) with pretty decent skin that hardly breaks out, so finding this foundation was a big win for me and it will get used often this spring.
I am excited to bring these essentials into rotation now that the gorgeous colorful flowers are in bloom like my peach Gerber daises above!! Now if I could just find a peach lip balm to match them.
*Oh, and my blue eyeliner is THIS ONE*
What are your spring beauty must haves?
Follow along with me!
Click on my Subscriber Box on the RIGHT hand side of the blog
so you never miss a JSM moment!