I love a good beauty mask. It’s like the ultimate pick me up beauty treatment for your face. I think what I love most about sheet masks is that once you apply them, it gives you an excuse to take at least 20 minutes for yourself to just sit back and relax while lying down so your face sheets don’t fall off!! Recently I got lucky enough to try out these rejuvenating biodegradable fiber masks , a pack of 4 for $24.95, from the Atlanta based company, BioRepublic Skincare. This company is all about developing skincare products that combine natural remedies with exciting innovations.
Caution – Don’t be scared by the following two photographs…
^^ AFTER skin glow! Using the Cucumber Breeze Soothing Mask ^^
I contemplated NOT doing the mask photo, but then thought that I just HAD to show you the application and the after the mask was removed look! When I wore these masks and walked out to prop myself on the couch in my den, my husband was literally taken aback and kept bringing up, “I hope the kids don’t walk out from their rooms and you scare them to death!” Ha!! All in the name of beauty right?? Here is a little bit about my experience with them…
1. All 4 masks contain one similar ingredient – Vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that helps protect and repair your skin.
2. The 4 different masks and what they do :
- Aloe Rescue Revitalizing – skin rejuvenating mask infused with aloe vera extract that repairs dry sun damaged skin and provides hydration.
- Cucumber Breeze Soothing – cucumber extract and plant collagen that tightens pores and reduces the appearance of fine lines. (this was by far my favorite and truly showed immediate results once removing – the after pic above is after using this one.)
- Green Tea Detox – boosts of anti-oxidants and helps remove excess sebum (too much sebum is what can trigger acne, too little creates drier cracked skin – my least favorite bc I already have dry skin!)
- Pomegranate Crush Illuminating – brightening face mask that brightens and energizes skin tone with smoothing complexion (my 2nd favorite!)
3. My only issue with these, was that I when I opened up the first two packages I tore the actual mask when opening and had to carefully place them back together on my skin. They are verrry delicate!! So after making that mistake twice, I was super gentle when opening the last 2 packages and the unfolded them with great care and kept them in one piece.
4. After removing the mask and rubbing in the excess product left over into my skin and all the way down my neck, my skin immediately felt refreshed and soft as a baby’s bottom – great analogy right?? No stickiness left and it soaked in so nicely.
Great News! If you want to try these masks out for yourself, you can get a whopping 25% off your order when you buy online by entering in the coupon code : JENNYSUE25 at checkout! Offer ends on 11/21/14.