April showers are definitely bringing May flowers because man has it been a month full of the wet stuff!! So I decided to embrace the forecast and take inspiration to create a “stormy beauty look” with some of the more recent gray products I have acquired.
* * * * * *
Shop The Products Used :
Nails : butter London ” Over The Moon” \\ Eyeshadows : Paula’s Choice The Nude Mattes” Palette \\ Brows : MAC Pencil “Brunette” \\ Waterline eyeliner : Stila “Topaz” \\ Skin : Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse (nude beige) \\ Blush : Sonia Kashuk “Flamingo” \\ Concealer : Estee Lauder Double Wear in “light” \\ Lipstick : MAC “Angel” \\ Mascara : L’Oreal Carbon Black Voluminous Waterproof \\ Midi Ring (old) : Similar here at Nordstrom
The main ingredient of my look was to use my Paula’s Choice “The Nudes Mattes” palette I spoke about in this post here because it had the perfect grey shadow included (scroll all the way down in the post to see another look I created with the same palette). Here’s how I did it…
1. Prep lids with a primer or concealer.
2. Apply the all over ivory matte shadow.
3. Using a smaller tipped brush, line the tear duct area in a sideways V shape with the champagne shimmer shadow.
4. Apply the matte gray shadow from lash line to crease and underneath the lower lash as line. Focus on making it thicker on the outer corners of the eye.
5. Line the inner rim of the lower waterline with a peach colored liner to keep the eye from receding and looking too dark. I used this Stila “Topaz” kajal liner because it’s super soft for that sensitive eye area.
6. Finish with lots of black mascara! Waterproof is best for rainy weather don’t forget.
Sometimes I like to exclude eye liner on a smokey eye because it softens the look and makes it not so dramatic. For finishing touches to a darker eye like this, I used a pale pink blush and my one of my favorite staple soft pink lipsticks, MAC “Angel” $16, (if you don’t own it already, get it!! ).
As for my hands, I painted them with the newest Patent Shine 10X polish formula from butter London in “Over the Moon” which is the most perfect deep grey that is refreshingly different from all the bright polishes you would expect for spring. Then I added a modern twist with a tiny silver midi ring to embellish my hands with!
Sunnier days are hopefully around the corner but until then, I figure why not embrace the rain and clouds and just roll with it. Green grass and brightly colored flowers are on the way!