I am a liquid liner and mascara junkie. They are honestly two of my favorite makeup products and ones that get used on the daily. I would say that I use liquid liner more than pencils these days. It’s all because I like BOLD eye makeup. Go big or go home right?
So when CoverGirl was nice enough to send me their newest Super Sizer Mascara and Intensity Me! Eyeliner to test out, I was thrilled. Not to mention their spokeswoman Katy Perry is one of my favorite artists. Not just because her music gets me and my kids singing and dancing, but her makeup is always larger than life!! She definitely goes big with her look every time and I would be the same way if I were a pop princess!
Here’s a glimpse into how these two products worked on me and my thoughts on each below the photos.
Let’s start with the Intensify Me! Eyeliner by LashBlast.
- It has a paddle shaped tip so you can get two looks in one – a thick dramatic line or a thin delicate one.
- I found after using it for a couple of days I finally got the hang of it. I would use the flat wide part to draw from the middle of my lash line outwards and then finish off the wing by turning the pen on it’s side where it creates a thinner tail and gradually making the line thinner towards the tear duct. However, it doesn’t make the thinnest of wings that flare off super skinny at the ends like some of my other pens do.
- The black color is very inky and super black once it dries – and it dries quick. I love the bold black pigment and it’s not matte looking when it dries, has a bit of a shine to its finish.
- It’s not waterproof but has decently good staying power even through my eyes tearing up. After a couple of times having to wipe my eyes just due to random dry eye, it started to fade a little.
- I’d give this liner a 7 out of 10 just because although I liked the bold black color and width options of the pen, I still want a wing that flares which calls for a super fine tipped pen and one with better staying power. (Like my Kat Von D tattoo pen).
Now let’s chat about the Super Sizer Mascara...
- I had big hopes for this mascara because the name suggests just what I want for my lashes – to be super sized!!
- The plastic sparse looking bristles on the wand had me questioning how this was going to touch all of my lashes??
- There is a technique to using this crazy looking wand- you cannot just brush the comb through your lashes one way like normally. They suggest you start at the base of the lashes using the flat side of the base (which confused me bc I saw no true flat base??) then rotating and twirling the brush as you go up the lashes. A bit complicated to get used to, but effective.
- I noticed dramatically longer lashes for sure, but the volume I was hoping for wasn’t there.
- I’d give it a 7 out of 10 also because I am kind of bratty and want it all – long + fat lashes at the same time!! It did clump up a little on me too which is a pain for some people, but doesn’t matter to me because I always use a metal eyelash comb to separate my lashes no matter what. (my favorite metal comb tool here.) When it comes to CoverGirl mascara, their LashBlast Volume is still my favorite.
What are your thoughts on how these products look? Would you or have you given either of them a try yet?
*These products were sent to me by CoverGirl for consideration only. All thoughts and opinions are honest and my own as always. I am always striving to be as their motto says, “easy breezy beautiful!”*