“Nothing on earth can give a woman confidence and that grand inner happiness like a little exterior decoration.” Quote from 1930’s actress Carole Lombard. I like to assume she is speaking of the art of makeup!
I am always fascinated by the ever changing beauty tips and products that you see all over blogs, magazines, and YouTube. But really, if you look back to the classic Hollywood starlets, they knew it all back then. A lot of the beauty tricks are just recycled. Here are some of the best beauty tips and tricks from some of Hollywood’s most glamorous ladies :
1. Marilyn Monroe, LIPS : She used 5 different lip products to create her famous pout. She lined the outside of her mouth with a red pencil to create a larger mouth and accentuate her cupids bow, then painted a dark red along the outsides of her lips following with a lighter red on the interior of her mouth. Then highlighted the cupids bow and center of lower lip with a highlighter and added a gloss for dimension. (Secrets via Beautylish.com).
2. Bette Davis, EYES : There was a song written paying tribute to this ladies peepers so she must have been doing something right! She claimed to keep her eyes bright and lineless by religiously treating them with cold cucumbers and layering on petroleum jelly underneath them every single night. This was to keep her skin hydrated and wrinkle free and take away any puffiness. (Secret via Houseandgarden.com)
3. Sophia Loren, SKIN : It’s probably not going to be a surprise that this Italian vixen is a big fan of olive oil. And not just to put on her pasta! I’ve read tons of articles where she claims it’s one of her favorite things to slather on her face – and it has to be the cold pressed extra virgin kind. It’s rich in anti-oxidants and Vitamin E and you can literally put it on all of your dry skin parts from face, to elbows, to knees! The more hydrated your skin is, the less wrinkles right? I currently use coconut oil on my skin and to remove my eye makeup, but I might just have to hit up my pantry for this skin ingredient! (Secret via stylishtips.com)
4. Audrey Hepburn, LASHES : Everyone knows that Audrey’s eye lashes were to die for. Her makeup artist Alberto de Rossi would painstakingly separate them one by one with a safety pin!! Now that sounds slightly dangerous and time consuming, so I know there’s an easier way. I do believe metal is the key to separating nasty mascara clumps, so Sonia Kashuk makes an awesome eyelash and brow comb HERE that I’m obsessed with. It’s got pointy metal teeth that help to separate, without having to use one pin at a time:) Use with caution of course. (Secret via Popsugar.com)
5. Carol Lombard, NOSE CONTOUR: Carol was in a car accident that left her nose slightly curved, so she would do one of the oldest tricks in the book. She would get a white eye pencil and draw a faint line down the center to give the appearance of it being straighter. You could also get this by using any concealer or foundation that is two to three shades lighter than your skin tone and putting a thin line of it down a crooked nose to give the illusion and draw the eye to the center. (Secret via Yahoostyle.com)
What’s old is new again! Which of theses beauty tips do you currently use?