I am all about a good beauty bargain. Who isn’t though really? If I can get a mascara or a lipgloss that blows my socks off for under $10, I feel like I have won a small lottery.
Since I am in drugstores ALL the time, (I have three children, that says it all) I can’t help myself but to take a stroll down the makeup aisles for the latest and greatest products. And if it’s cheap, I’m willing to try it no matter what. Period. I can’t walk out of a drugstore without picking up at least one or two new makeup products, it’s a harmless obsession
So here are 5 of my current favorite products that you can get for under a ten dollar bill. And the key is, they perform like a more expensive brand.
1. BROWS : Maybelline Define-A-Brow pencil, $6.99. One of the keys to any brow pencil performing well in my opinion is if the tip of the pencil is skinny because it helps to draw more realistic small brow hairs. I own every shade of this pencil (so I can use on my clients as well as myself) because it has a great waxy feel and the tip is just right for filling in brows.
*If you want to see some of my other favorite brow pencils for all budgets go to this post *
2. EYELID PRIMER : L’Oreal Magic Decrease, $8.99. I think everyone should own an eyelid primer to keep their eyeshadow in place throughout the day. I like this one because it has a slight peach tint that brightens up the entire eyelid area before shadow is applied. The only bummer is if you have super dark skin, this might be too light for you and you’ll need to go for one like Milani’s Nude Eyelid Primer, $6. (it says nude, but it’s basically clear when applied, but still a great product at a great price).
3. EYESHADOW : L’Oreal Infallible, $7.99. I know I just talked eyelid primer, but when you wear this shadow, you can omit that step and product! I use these shadows dry and wet, and they stay put!! So many beautiful shades to choose from, especially this Eternal Sunshine one that Kim K’s makeup artist Mario Dedanovic used on her wedding day to Kanye.
4. MASCARA : Maybelline Colossal Volume Waterproof, $6.99. This formula has actually been around for a long time but I’m just now trying it, and I’m loving it! There are lots of drugstore mascaras out there but this one is at the top of my drugstore faves. It gives some major lashes but doesn’t clump on me which a lot of the mascaras that promise massive lashes do. Waterproof is the way to go because it also holds the curl longer just FYI.
5. LIPGLOSS : NYX Butter Gloss, $4.99 . You can’t get a better lipgloss for this price. The butter glosses and the intense butter glosses are just the absolute best! Super hydrating and great color choices. The Creme Brule is a MUST HAVE shade if you want a pretty neutral nude.
See, you can spend less to impress with your beauty products!!
Shop The Under $10 Products Here