I am done with New York Fashion Week and must say, that it was an experience of a lifetime and everything I had dreamed it would be and more. It was also EXHAUSTING to dress up that fabulous every single day. We sometimes changed outfits twice a day to hit multiples parties, showrooms, and events so of course I had to switch up my makeup according to what I was wearing. Because you know, makeup is my thing. If I’m going to change up my shoes and bags, I’m going to have to switch up my beauty look!
Side hair note – My rad braided hair do above was created by the fab people at Tresemme who did our hair for us everyday!! It was the one perk I am majorly going into withdrawels over now that I’m back into the real world at home! (My gold laced ear cuff I wear all the time is from Nordstrom here – only $15 for the pair!)
I of course over packed my makeup supplies. Shocker, no. I packed up 2 makeup bags full plus 2 gallon zip lock bags of makeup palettes on the plane with me. I needed to be prepared and knew I was going to be helping my other 3 roomies with their makeup during the week! So we needed options.
Despite my multiple options of makeup we had spread out all over the bathrooms and countertops (4 women in one room, it was chaotic!!), there were a few things I used repeatedly on all of us, that were probably the most vital to my everyday day look.
Here were my favorite items from the week that were go-to’s. It was amazing that all of these products worked on us because there were 2 blondes, 1 brunette, and 1 red head! I have linked all products to order online through Ulta.com, except for the lashes…
- Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette, $54. This most recent addition to the Naked family has me like, wooahh!! I’m obsessed. You can actually create soft bronze eye makeup to major bold plum and navy eyes with it. So versatile.
- Esqido Mink Lashes were worn by all of us! The company was so nice to send us some of my favorite styles to wear throughout the week – those being “oh so sweet” “unforgettable” and “little black lash.” They were the most beautiful eyelash extensions we could have asked for and completed our eye makeup looks!
- Makeup brushes – It Cosmetics Complexion Perfection, $48 (post I did on this magic wand here), It Cosmetics No Tug Dual Eyeshadow brush, $24, and Real Techniques slanted liner brush, $15.
- Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Eraser Concealer, $9, in “brightener” which is peachy-pink based shade can knock out most undereye circles without settling in fine lines.
- L’Oreal Voluminous False Fibers Lashes, $8 – one of my favorite mascaras on the market. Oh, and in waterproof of course to hold the lash curl and no smearing throughout our long days of running around the streets of NYC.
- NXY Butter Glosses, $5. Are you tired of hearing me talk about these yet?? I’m a huge fan, huge. Post on why here.
- It Cosmetics Vitality Face Disk., $38 If you purchase nothing else from my list of favorites, buy this disk. It has the most perfect bronzer, highlighter, and blush all in one big fat pan!! The colors are fabulous and you can knock out your skin in a few swipes from one spot. The blush is reminiscent of Nars “Orgasm” (which everyone can pull off!) without the shimmer.
Last but certainly not least, let’s not forget about the SUNGLASSES!! Our outfits were never complete with sunny accessories because luckily we had beautiful weather for the majority of the trip. I scored these rad round Komono glasses, $100, and guess what their style name is…The Vivien!! (spelled differently from my daughter’s but close enough!) They were meant to be on my face:) This is my first really round pair of glasses and I love how funky and mod they look.
This pic above was taken at the RewardStyle party of my roomies, @TheMrsGibby, @LaurenLefevre, @LipstickHeelsandaBaby, and a new blogger friend I met @thestylebungalow. Note, the sunnies and Jessica is the only one who forgot hers but she was wearing her Esqido Mink Lashes thankfully!
Thanks to all of these brands and products for keeping me looking my best throughout my travels! Have you ever used any of these products before?