It is amazing how a new haircut (specifically bangs that frame your face) can make you want to experiment with all sorts of new extreme makeup looks! Ever since I saw this fall/winter collection ads for Fendi of Kendall Jenner with her graphic winged liner, I knew I had to recreate it.
I am obsessed with its super bold feel along with the rest of the makeup that is so simple and fresh faced. The perfect balanced combo.
This isn’t the first time we have seen the major cat eye look on Kendall. She was also seen on the runways of Chanel in Paris here along with a few other Chanel models. So obviously, this is a trend we can all get on board with fall fall – as long as you are willing to take a bold risk with your look! And why not??
1. Fill in your brows to make them as full as possible. I used MAC brow pencil in “brunette.” Try to make your brows a bit straighter across without a huge arch to get Kendalls look. Filling them in on the under side of the brows helps with that rather than along the top. My new bangs kind of cover my brows so it’s a slight mute point, ha!!
2. Add an eyelid primer before doing ANY eye makeup. This is so necessary because the black liners can get real messy and you don’t want them running around your face! The lines need to start sharp. I used Urban Decay Primer Potion. Then I added an all over matte ivory shadow on top of the primer and then a warm taupe just from lash to crease to add a bit of dimension in the eyelid.
3. Get your favorite black eyeliner pen + inky black pencil. I use the liquid to draw the outline and the pencil to fill it all the way in (think coloring in between the lines) to create a more matte finish. I used Physician’s Formula Instant Eye Booster Pen in “black” and the L’Oreal Infallible waterproof eyeliner in “black” is a great budge proof liner to fill in with.
4. Finish eyes with a white pencil stroked along the lower inner waterline to give it that mod feel and a lot of mascara on the upper lashes and a little bit of mascara long lower lashes on the outer corners.
5. Skin was created with MAC Face and Body Foundation (N2), cheeks are just contoured with the bronzers from my NYC Pro Highlight and Contour palette, then dewy cheekbones – bridge of nose – upper lip highlighted with the It Cosmetics Illuminizing stick I cannot live without (used in this Boho Chic blog post).
6. And of course, lips made shiny with NYX Butter Gloss in “Eclair.” This is the closest shade I could find to Kendall’s see through pinky lips. It’s an everyday wear for me, love it!
After I created this eyeliner look, I actually took my daughter out to the mall to go shopping. Just a normal everyday activity we do together.
But I couldn’t believe how many people commented on how much they loved my makeup and wished they could wear something so dramatic. Huh?? You can wear anything you want to as long as you wear it with complete confidence. I’m a total believer in that.
Go ahead, practice that bold winged eye and rock it like you’re walking the runway of life!