I have completed a whole handful of episodes of the #JSMminute!!
(Scroll down to very bottom of post to watch the video) In this 5th episode I thought it would be fun to share :
- Four of my favorite DARK VAMPY LIPSTICKS.
- A simple but effective TRICK WITH WHITE EYELINER.
- TIPS FOR AGING SKIN and how to turn back the clock with makeup.
Dark lipsticks to try.
(shown in the first photo, listed in order from top to bottom) :
- MAC “Dare You,” $17
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in “Copenhagen,” $6
- Butter London Bloody Brilliant Lip Crayon in “Toff,” $20
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro Last Lip color in “Cherry Noir,” $10
Makeup tricks to brighten tired and aging skin.
A question I took from a reader via my Facebook page (thanks bunches Andrea!) was about how she could perk up aging skin with makeup. And I’ll be honest, that was a LOADED question! Ha!! I have SO many opinions on this one:)
So I tried to condense it into a few practices and products you could implement to rewind that clock! You don’t have to use ALL of them, but at least add some of them into your daily routine to bring youthful skin back…
- have a good moisturizer you are using day and night. EVEN if you have oily skin!! That oil isn’t actually hydrating and it’s not anti-aging your skin at all!
- add a skin primer into your makeup routine – after your moisturizer but before your foundation. This helps to fill in any pesky fine lines and wrinkles before you apply the paint (aka, foundation!). Blog post featuring both HERE plus video.
- add a liquid bronzer to your foundation to bring back the dewy youthful look and add color into your skin. My all time favorite one (that Carrie Underwoods makeup artist has used on her!) is LORAC TANtalizer, $33 – a little drop will do! Here’s a blog post I did awhile ago featuring TANtalizer.
- use a cream blush instead of a powder one if you have dry skin. It sinks in better and looks more natural and not as ashy and powdery as a powder formula.
- don’t forget your concealer for brightening under the eyes (as well as implementing the white eyeliner trick!) and adding a finishing powder like it Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores to give your skin a flawless finish!
The last trick I have is the white eyeliner trick – and you can watch the video to see exactly how I do it! (special thanks to Julianna via Instagram!!). There are many white liners you can use to tone down redness in the inner water line of the lower lash line which makes eyes brighter and whiter!! Just be sure to warm up the liner on the back of your hand beforehand so it’s soft and goes on smoothly in that sensitive area. It works like a charm to make your eyes more open!