What’s going in my beauty bag for Miami Swim Week!
Tomorrow I am heading down South to Miami for my first swim week experience. I am guessing it’s going to be the beachy-less-clothing version of my NYFW experience! Ha!! Remember my fashion week experience here? And I am thrilled to be going with my same group of lovely blogging mamas, Tara, Lauren, and Jessica, plus a new friend Jami! (their blogs will be listed below so check them out too!)
I haven’t been to Miami since I was a freshman in college, so I’m sure the city has changed quite a bit in, um…18 years. Wow.
So I am the worst when it comes to packing – I can’t stand it. I LOVE to travel, but HATE the prep work.
I have no idea what I’m wearing as of now, okay, maybe I have 3 outfits picked out, but other than that, only my beauty bag is basically packed up ready to go! I am taking a ton of makeup and skincare stuff (not shocking!).
Here are the nuts and bolts of the things my beauty bag for Miami Swim Week wouldn’t be complete without…
1. it Cosmetics Luxe Anti-aging shadow palette (c/o). I’m not sure that putting on shadows actually anti-ages you but I do love the finish of these shadows and the color choices. It’s got great matte neutrals, and shimmers, plus two punchy bold shades of blue and purple that will be fun to jazz up my makeup!
2. it Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Illumination cream + #702 Brush (c/0). This stuff contains SPF 50 which is a big reason I’ll be wearing it down in the Miami sunshine bc I do NOT want to get burned. The brush this CC cream comes with is crucial for this product going on smoothly and mess free! I love how hydrating it is on my uber dry skin.
3. Makeup Revolution The Matte Blush in “Beloved.” I have been so impressed with this line of products I found in Ulta and the prices are so affordable for quality products! This shade of blush is a new fave and is a poppy bright coral/pink shade! Only 5 bucks for blush!
4. L’Oreal Infallible eye shadow in “Amber Rush.” (Sold out) Updated rose gold option – Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette I know I’ve already got one palette going with me, but it doesn’t contain rose golds, and this is THE shade for the summertime! It’s SO gorgeous on all eyes! Just a sweep of this all over my lid and some brown eyeliner and it’s the perfect simply beautiful summer goddess eye makeup look. If you want to see how I use this palette for an entire eye look, go HERE)
5. it Cosmetics Super Skinny Brow Power pencil in “medium brown” (c/0). Universal brown color – I can use this pencil on almost all of my clients and it matches their brow hairs. And the pencil is so tiny it helps to draw realistic hairs.
6. it Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye waterproof Full coverage anti aging concealer in “neutral medium.” (c/0) Waterproof concealer is a must – not because I think it’s going to rain, but because I know I will be so flipping hot that water/sweat will be running down my face as we run around from venue to event!
7. Model in a Bottle Brow Sealer. I just re-bought this while in NYC last week from Ricky’s NYC. I am obsessed with this stuff.. The packaging isn’t pretty or fancy at all, but it delivers! Nothing keeps my wild and wooly eyebrows in place all day like this stuff. It must have magic stickiness in it or something. Just swipe the mascara-like wand over your brow products and color and boom, they don’t budge, even in the Florida heat!
8. Benefit Hoola Bronzer. The holy grail of bronzers for me currently. The brush it comes with is awesome at creating a nice hollow contour for the cheekbones! Not orangey AT ALL either.
9. Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminizing Wand. I love the convenience of a highlighting stick that I can carry with me in my purse and isn’t messy. This one is very gold in it’s base and works well with my new spray tan 🙂 I swipe this along the tops of my blush color and right in the center of my nose.
And of course, honorable mentions go to the obvious products I’ll also be packing like bright bold lipsticks and glosses of all shades! From corals, to reds, to orange and hot pinks! You don’t go to Miami and wear neutrals do you?? If you’re interested I’m wearing MAC “So Chaud” deep orange lipstick in the pics above.
Be sure to follow along on my travels with my blogger babes by checking out my Snapchat and Instagram along the weekend – my handle is the same on both : jennysuemakeup
Check out my Miami roommates blogs here :
Jessica of Lipstick Heels and a Baby
Lauren of Edit by Lauren
Tara of Jimmy Choos and Tennis Shoes