Buh-bye boring basic makeup. Hello dazzling holiday makeup!!
There’s never a more appropriate time to wear GLITTER than during the month of December. Which means it’s time to bring the glitz and glamour to your face! In true beauty blogger fashion, I think your face should be allowed to have just as much fun as your clothes and shoes when it comes to shining bright!
Today I’m showing you one of the easiest ways to BRING the festivities with a super easy to pull off RED GLITTER LIP!
Whether you’ve got a huge party schedule or just some extra time on your hands, December is the perfect time to try out sparkles. And since eyes are usually where you see the shimmer, it’s fun to try to spin it in a different way and give your mouth the spotlight.
If you haven’t seen the Pat McGrath sparkle lip that started this whole trend, here it is…
It’s awesome, but might be a BIT out there for some people. And us here in U.S.A. can only score the kit it on her website here if you’re interested.
But I’ve got a slightly toned down red glitter lip version that everyone can pull off and the easy steps to get there :
- EXFOLIATE THOSE LIPS. You can’t put glitter on dry cracked lips – YUCK! And your lips need to be smooth and moisturized so that the glitter and lipstick stick and stay on a cushiony lip! I used Tarte Marajuca lip scrub, a favorite and even tastes yummy and peppermint-y like a candy cane!
- OUTLINE AND COLOR IN WITH A RED LIP LINER. Don’t just stop at lining the lips, make sure to fill them entirely in with your liner to give the lipstick something to hang onto. I used NYX Slide On Glide On lip pencil in “Red Tape.” It also keeps a bold red lipstick from bleeding all over your face!
- FILL IN WITH A CREAM RED LIPSTICK. I used “MAC Red” lipstick that is the perfect creamy satin finish and is a red that works for all skin tones – yep, all of them. A matte lipstick finish won’t grab onto the glitter as well as a more creamy one just FYI.
- ADD THE FUN, THE GLITTER! I used Pixi By Petra’s finely milled metallic fairy dust shimmers stack in the red/copper shade. I dipped a Qtip in this shade them lightly pressed (no swiping) it into the center of my lips quite a few times until I got the right about of shimmer! These work everywhere on the face – cheeks and eyes too!! (Red glitter is actually kinda hard to find, so if you can’t score the Pixi one try this NYX loose glitter.)
- YOU’RE DONE!! And the great thing about this lip – is that I found by adding these shimmers to my lipstick, it actually gave it longevity which I was pleasantly shocked by!! And it’s so finely milled, you can’t even tell you have an additional product on your lips.
Now go shine like the star you are at those holiday parties!! Oh, and feel free to add these Bauble Bar celestial star drop earrings, $36, for a little extra bling while you’re at it!! I am obsessed with these baubles!!
Would you wear this shimmery lip look?