White eyeliner is officially wearable and I would go so far as to say the perfect wintry weather look.
Now it’s no where near snowy where I live here in Georgia, but I’m still feeling the Elsa-Frozen-type vibes. This winter white hue can give your eyes an exaggerated, doe-eyed appearance to make you look more awake, and can actually counteract redness which is an added bonus!
Continue reading to find out four genius ways to use your white eyeliner. You can use just one trick, or all four at once! Give these a try STAT if you want to make your peepers more noticeable…
White liner : Rimmel ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Stick in “Witness White” // Mascara : it Cosmetics Superhero // Crease color : MAC “Cork” // Brows : NYX Micro Brow Pencil in “Ash Brown” // Blush & Powder : it Cosmetics palette // Lips : butter London “Teddy Boy”
- Color in the upper eyelid from lash line to crease with a soft pencil, I used Rimmel ScandalEyes Shadow Stick. Feel free to soften it with your fingers or a clean eyeshadow brush to blend the edges.
- Then trace along your inner lower waterline (the fleshy part) to counteract any natural redness. Using a waterproof formula stands up best against blinking and watery eyes.
- Blend along your inside corners of the tear ducts to create some distance between close set eyes by brightening. This technique really makes eyes pop!
- Don’t forget your brow bone! Use this white eyeliner as a well-placed illuminator to show off your eyebrow arch by placing a small amount right underneath the highest point of your brows. DON’T trace all along the brow line as that can look too harsh – you just want to highlight the high point. Turn the crayon on it’s side and lightly swipe along the underside of the brow at this area.
Not convinced you can pull this look off?? Here is proof that all skin tones can wear this shade of white….
Clearly whoever said no white after Labor Day had no idea that snowy white liner doesn’t fall under that rule and that it’s an all year round makeup staple!
Have you tried this wintry white look before?
Since it is the holiday season, here are a few blog posts with great makeup looks and products to try!
- RED GLITTER LIPS TUTORIAL
- VIDEO OF BEAUTY & STYLE TRENDS TO TRY NOW (WITH MY STYLE BLOGGER FRIEND LAUREN LEFEVRE)
- METALLIC ROSE GOLD EYE MAKEUP THAT LOOKS GOOD ON EVERY SKINTONE
- FLAWLESS COMPLEXION WITH ONE SINGLE MAKEUP PALETTE