“Don’t Wrinkle, Wear Sunscreen.”
Did that grab your attention?? It is a well known FACT that sun exposure is the leading cause to premature aging and wrinkles.
Now I’m not saying a few age lines are the worst thing that can happen to us. But it’s also not a secret that most of us would like to keep those lines, sun spots, and overall nasty sun damage to a minimum.
Think about it – our faces are constantly exposed to the sun as compared to other parts of our bodies that are covered by clothes and shoes. In fact, your face is even getting sun exposure when you’re driving in a car because it has windows!
A couple weeks ago I was introduced to a product that has changed the way I view and use SPF on a daily basis now.
It’s the 3 in 1 superstar sunscreen facial mist called ZINC IT OVER by Seriously FAB.
I constantly am discussing on my blog about ways you can use makeup and cosmetics to feel your prettiest most confident self. But rarely do I mention the importance of SUN PROTECTION when it comes to our faces, which, shame on me!!
Being over 40 myself and seeing firsthand the sun damage on some of the women I work with as a makeup artist, I know that the REAL game changing product for the face is using SPF protection.
The OLD way to apply daily SPF.
For forever, I have always used a facial moisturizer with sun protection that I apply ONCE in the morning UNDER my makeup. I’ve never thought there was really any other way to do it.
I mean once you’ve put on your makeup, you CAN’T ADD sunscreen OVER it because it will mess up all your hard work right? WRONG…
The NEW way to apply daily SPF!
With ZINC IT OVER, this product has 3 benefits that will allow you to have your cake (SPF 25) and eat it too (wear it over makeup).
Here’s what makes it different…
- It acts as a makeup setting spray that gives your makeup a fresh airbrushed look. This is a game CHANGER!
- It’s a sunscreen mist that allows for convenient reapplication while on the go. Every dermatologist and esthetician will remind you that once is not enough to apply your sunscreen. That’s because it typically only lasts 90-120 minutes. Now with this spray, you can reapply without disturbing your makeup!
- It contains an anti-aging serum that brightens, hydrates, and calms the skin. But just as important as it is for keeping your skin pretty and youthful looking, it is also free of all those yucky chemicals such as gluten, parabens, GMOs, Phthalates, Dimethicone, Alcohol, and Talc. You can read all about the ingredients of what is included in the formula and what ingredients are on their NO-NO list here.
What’s the big deal about Zinc Oxide?
The mineral Zinc Oxide is the safest and most effective sunscreen active legally available for use in the US. Unlike chemical sunscreens that absorb into the skin and bloodstream potentially posing health risks, Zinc Oxide sits on the surface of the skin — creating a powerful barrier against nasty sun damage.
I know what you’re thinking. “Doesn’t Zinc give an ugly white cast? That’s not pretty!”
In the past, the challenge of formulators has been the thick filmy nature of Zinc…until now. The Seriously FAB team found a way to create a formulation that is a fine mist and sheer enough to apply OVER your makeup without that unsightly white cast! In fact, this spray keeps your makeup looking its very best. Here are a few great video reviews of the spray beings used if you’d like to check them out.
You’ve got options.
I use makeup setting sprays all the time in my line of work. I don’t let a client out of my makeup chair without locking in their look with a setting spray.
But never have I used one that also had the benefit of having SPF included!
Not only do I judge the sprays on efficacy, but also by the SMELL. Some people love a fresh scent sprayed in their face (me!), however some people don’t. That’s one of the great things about ZINC IT OVER – it comes in 3 scented versions and 1 non-scented. You’ve got options of Citrus Passion, Fresh Greens, Tropical Floral, and then of course the unscented version.
My current favorite to wear is the Fresh Greens which I think smells like sweet cucumbers, but the Tropical Floral is a close second smelling of a fresh bouquet of fragrant flowers.
How To Use Your ZINC IT OVER spray.
There are a few tips for best application to follow when using this facial sunscreen
- It is impossible to completely solubilize Zinc Oxide in water. That means that the Zinc settles a bit at the bottom between uses. No biggie though. Right before use, the bottle requires a good shake so that the ingredients can be blend nicely for the application to come out sheer. A good method is to tap the bottle on the palm of your hand 5 or 6 times.
- The mist applies best when sprayed from a bit of a distance (approx 6 – 8 inches from face). This is exactly the same for normal makeup setting sprays. Be mindful that if you spray too close to the skin, the white Zinc will be visible. But you’ll get the hang of it pretty quickly. About 6 pumps of the spray will be enough to cover your entire neck & face. There’s no need to pat the skin, it will dry in about 10-15 seconds. While I’m at it, I sometimes squirt the top of my hands because they show age real quickly too!
Did I mention that ZINC IT OVER has always been Cruelty Free + Vegan?! When the owner Lisa started this company, one of her main goals in building a brand was so that she would be able to give back to organizations that support the wellbeing of animals. It always feels good to support brands that don’t harm our animal friends for the sake of our beauty wants and needs.
One final benefit of this spray is that it’s a 3 ounce bottle which means it’s also TSA approved and the perfect size for a purse, beach bag, carry on, diaper bag, etc for reapplication purposes. Now there is NO EXCUSE for NOT reapplying your sunscreen while at work, at your kids outdoor soccer game, or especially on the ski slopes this winter!
Okay, who is going to start taking their reapplication of facial sunscreen seriously throughout the day?!!
*BONUS FOR MY READERS*
Seriously FAB is offering 10% off your total order to first-time customers by using the code JENNY10 at checkout!
Cheers to healthy, protected, and pretty skin all year round!
(This post is sponsored by Seriously FAB. All photos and opinions are mine. And as always, thank you so much for supporting the brands that support this blog!)