Have you ever longed, wished, or dreamed of making something – anything – that represented you or what your small business brand encompassed?? Well I’m thrilled to be able to say that 15+ years after creating my own freelance makeup artistry business, blog, and social media platforms, I have finally made that happen…JennySue Makeup, has finally created her own MERCH!!!
Want to go ahead and start shopping the shirts before you read my ramblings below? Go for it gal and CLICK HERE TO SHOP.
Quick backstory for those new here…
I founded my makeup business back in 2008 after my husbands encouragement. I was basically a stay-at-home mom to my 2 young sons at the time, Jack was two and Walker was a newborn. I was working very part-time for my old boss back in Atlanta just doing phone call reorders for a couple of the clothing lines she carried in her showroom (Spanx was one of them!).
At first, I thought, “he’s crazy.” Who needed another makeup artist in Athens, Georgia or supposed makeup expert online?? But after a few weeks of him pushing me to just try it, I thought to myself, “Okay, why the heck not??” And so JennySue Makeup, LLC and freelance makeup artistry biz was born.
Fast forward to today in 2024, applying actual makeup to people is just a small part of my business in my opinion.
It’s honestly more important for me to make that personal connection with my clients and followers – I just do that through the medium of makeup. Making a woman feel confidently beautiful is such a meaningful by-product and result of the services I provide. Seeing the joy in a clients face after she looks in the mirror from a session with me – or hearing the joy in a followers comment about a product she tried and loved because of my recommendation, is what means the most to me.
Guess what else brings joy?? Really cute and unique APPAREL now for purchase online!
Which is what I have created and am thrilled to finally share with all of you! These few garments I have designed are an ode to my clients + followers that feel joy sparked by the simplicity of wearing makeup.
DETAILS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE ORDERING FROM THE SHOP :
DEADLINE to place your pre-order by is midnight on January 29th, 2023. Once the shop closes at that time, it’s done for, over, kaput! You can then expect your order to be shipped out between 10-14 days later after the shop closes.
There are 3 shirt styles to choose from :
- a high-low tee in mauve pink,
- a slightly cropped sweatshirt in arctic blue/green (but not like belly cropped, we are over 45 yrs old here!),
- and a high-low oversized sweatshirt in heathered gray…or is it grey?? you decide!
There are also 3 slogans to choose from. You can put any of these slogans on any of the above styles of shirts :
- Pretty Powerful (1978). Backstory – one of my fave quotes regarding makeup is from professional makeup artist and entrepreneur Bobbi Brown. She said, “I believe that all women are pretty without makeup. But with the right makeup can be pretty powerful…” I feel this in my bones! I used to have a short lived podcast called Pretty Powerful with JennySue Makeup too. The 1978 is the year I was born, so it was a pretty good year 😉 We used a distressed super hero-type font here to keep the power theme going!
- Sorry I’m Late. Backstory – if you’ve ever prioritized your makeup/beauty routine, you’ve most likely been late at some point and time!! My husband def knows that I’d rather show up a little late looking put together and presentable, than ever showing up not wearing makeup at all! ha ha! This is really more of a joke – I actually don’t think it’s professional or respectful to be late to an appointment or reservation. But, if I am LATE, it’s probably due to my love for applying makeup!
- MAKE it UP. Backstory – it’s in a Barbie font first of all, which is super fun and girly! The main words that stick out are MAKE UP. the “it” is more subtle with the lip stick print for the dot of the letter i. You’ve heard the popular phrase – “MAKE it UP as you go!” This is kind of my mantra when actually doing my makeup everyday when I switch up my looks. I don’t usually have a plan, it’s just make it up as I go! Life, parenting, makeup, business doings, just make it up.
SIZING. There is a size chart on the actual web store you can refer to with actual numbered measurements, as well as I have included underneath each style here in this post. But I know that I like to look at a person wearing the garment, knowing their actual size and what size garment they’re actually wearing, so that I can compare those details to what I want my garment to look like on me.
For reference – in the above photos, I’m wearing a size MEDIUM in the gray Pretty Powerful (slightly oversized loose fit) , a SMALL in the mauve Sorry I’m Late tee (a boxier fit), and a MEDIUM in the arctic crop sweatshirt (shorter of course in the waist, fairly long arms on this one).
MY PERSONAL MEASUREMENTS : I’m about 5’5″ tall, 128lbs, wear a size 36C bra. I usually wear medium tops for comfort, but can sometimes get away with a small when it’s vanity sizing! My waist size I go for in denim is usually a 28. Hope this helps too!
Okay ladies – I think that says it all about my latest merchandise. I do hope you like these shirt styles as much as I do and get one for yourself or anyone else in your life that is obsessed with makeup and enjoys the art of it all! Feel free to ask me any questions below in the comments or you can email me your questions at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you in advance for ALL of your support on my first entrance into the world of making a tangible product! What’s next?? Maybe some actual makeup products??? Fingers crossed!!!