Are you always on the search for the next best drugstore nude lipstick?
I admit that I cannot pass a nude lipstick without giving it a chance to jump in my purse. I’m willing to give all the nudes and neutrals an opportunity to make my lips look just a little bit better than their natural shade. Isn’t that what finding the perfect nude lipstick is all about?
Well if you have fair to medium skin tone, you can stop your endless drugstore nude lipstick search NOW. Because Makeup Revolution’s Renaissance Lipstick in shade “Awaken” has got you covered.
Check out my latest short video below explaining my love for this exact product, followed by pictures and advice on how to find your perfect nude shade.
For less than a 10 dollar bill, this Makeup Revolution lipstick looks and acts like a high end department store nude! Seriously well made and quality product.
The features I dig the most about this “Awaken” color :
- PACKAGING – its rose gold tube looks so elegant and expensive! I mean packaging is actually one of the reasons I pick up a new makeup product anyway if I’m being honest. It’s been called out for being a copycat of Charlotte Tilbury’s KISSING lipstick that retails for $34. And yeah, it’s pretty much a dupe.
- FEEL & FINISH – the description of it on Ulta.com says that it’s a “luxe matte” formula but I’d have to disagree slightly with that. I have found it to be a more creamy finish than matte. Matte makes me think dry and dull but this is anything but! I mean if you check out my video, it’s got an obvious cream finish with a dull shine. And it makes my lips feel hydrated and yummy, not dry at all.
- SCENT – it has a very subtle warm vanilla smell. Nothing overpowering at all though. It also smells expensive, if that’s possible. I mean if you’ve ever noticed other cheap lipstick brands, they usually smell awful like playdoh, not this one.
- COLOR – warm soft pinky beige.
How to pick your best nude lipstick :
- FIRST RULE BEFORE PICKING YOUR NUDE : Do NOT try to match your nude with your actual skintone like you see in the magazines. This doesn’t translate well in real life. You need some warmth and separation between skin and lips. Okay, not to figure out your color.
- FAIR SKIN : go for a nude with a hint of soft pink with a dusty feel. But don’t go too beige or opaque because you could end up resembling one of the extras on The Walking Dead. Make sure the formula is more sheer.
- LIGHT SKIN : light skin that isn’t quite alabaster should look for a deeper pink, think rosey nude lipstick.
- MEDIUM SKIN : you can go for an even pinker beige or even a caramel based nude. just make sure it’s more on the warmer side of nude.
- MEDIUM TO DARK SKIN : you have some flexibility with going much lighter OR darker than your skin with your nude. As long as you’ve got some separation again between your lips and skintone. Caramel based nudes still look great on this skin tone.
- DARK SKIN : women with super dark pigmented skin should go for a shade lighter than your actual skin tone. Try for nudes that have a touch of gold shimmers to them to help play up and brighten your skin.
SHOP MY MAKEUP DETAILS BY CLICKING BELOW :
lipstick : Makeup Revolution ‘Awaken’ // eye makeup & cheek palette : LORAC Pro To Go // mascara & brow pencil : it cosmetics superhero & universal brow pencil //cheek highlighter : Pixi by Petra // skin : it cosmetics confidence in a compact // criss cross top : similar Urban Outfitters
Even though this is my current favorite nude lipstick, I am always up for trying others so I’d love to hear what YOUR favorite drugstore nude lipstick is in the comments below!