Achieving GLOWING SKIN doesn’t always mean you that you have to be able to afford the best dermatologists, high end products, and ONLY eat kale and drink water.
I mean why can’t a girl drink wine and eat an occasional McDonalds cheeseburger with no skin guilt?? I say as long as she’s religiously washing her face, applying her sunscreen in the daytime and drugstore creams every night, well she can and DOES deserve glowing skin. Even if she has to fake it a little with makeup!
If you’ve wanted to get skin that radiates with a youthful dewiness, then this video and blog post is for you! Press play on the video to see how I use one singular makeup product, Pixi Beauty’s Glow-Y Powder, $16, to get that glowing skin!
Shop My Products :
Highlighter : Pixi Beauty // Blouse : Shein.com (I’m wearing a small, only good for short waisted ladies just FYI) // Yellow Tassel earrings : Bauble Bar // Orange lip color : NYX Full Throttle “Jolt” // Mini egg sponges : Ulta
Not all of us can have that natural “lit from within look” or “pregnancy glow,” right?? But we CAN all get a fake glow by using a highlighter correctly!! (And lets be honest, I’ve had 3 kids, and none of them gave me a glow, they just gave me hunger pains!!)
Here’s how I achieved that shimmery skin at home :
- When using a powder highlighter like this one, you can apply it with a fan brush, tips of your fingers, or even mini egg sponges like I used in the video.
- Start by choosing 2 or 3 places on the face you want to add highlighter. Anymore than that, you risk getting that disco ball shine effect!
- My favorite places to add glow are : the tops of the cheekbones (right above your blush on the outer corners of the cheeks), very center bridge of nose (NO tip of nose please! Hello Rudolph with the shiny nose!), and brow bone right below the arch of your eyebrows.
- Alternate places you could choose would be : line your cupids bow of lip and the tear duct area of your inner eye corners.
- Just make sure that you don’t apply highlighter to dry flaky skin because it will just emphasize the dryness instead of looking like an angelic glow!
- Set that highlighter with a makeup setting spray so your glow doesn’t fade – my fave is the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray.
If you’re interested in seeing exactly what skincare products I’m using on the daily to get better skin plus anti-aging properties, check out my POST HERE.
What kind of highlighter do you use? OR how do you get your skin to glow on the cheap??