Amazon is one of those websites you go onto thinking you’ll buy just that ONE need(or want) but then your cart ends up with 5 or more items! Am I right or am I right??
Even if you find that one item you went online to buy, they make such amazing suggestions below that product that you HAVE to go read the reviews on them just to see why they were suggested. Then you’re hooked into buying the suggested items because of course Amazon knows what else you NEED in your life
They get me every.single.time.
Lately I’ve been on an Amazon kick for all things BEAUTY.
I do love shopping in a store but this summer with the kids at home I have had no leisure time to roll up in a Sephora or Ulta and just walk around and look. I mean have you ever tried to go into the fragrance aisle (with testers) with two boys under the age of 12?? It’s a hot mess. They end up so smelly with the layering of multiple colognes that I almost don’t want to take them home in my own car.
Plus, there’s no reviews in store for me to read about each product right in front of me. And let’s be real, I do care what other people have to say about the beauty products I’m thinking on purchasing if they’ve already had experience with them!
Today I wanted to gush on my top 5 Amazon beauty products in the skincare category that are worth checking out.
These are products that I have tried and tested and repurchased. There’s nothing better than having a go-to, standout star that you tell all your friends about. Am I wrong? I don’t think so.
So without further ado here are the products you’ve been waiting to hear about and what you came onto this article originally to read about. Let’s get into it!!
SHOP THE PRODUCTS :
1. LA LUXURY PURE PREMIUM COLLAGEN EYE MASKS, $18. I’ve been using eye masks for a loooong time, I love them. They’re the perfect treat for tired, puffy, dehydrated eyes, which mine seem to be all the dang time.
These I have started repurchasing because of the ingredients hyaluronic acid and collagen, two BIG anti-agers. I like to put these in the fridge for a couple hours before I use them because then the coolness gives the ultimate relief for puffiness. They help to restore elasticity and firmness to the under eyes while intensely moisturizing which helps to fight wrinkles. My concealer goes on better after using these. I use about twice a week. Game changers.
2. USDA COLD PRESSED ORGANIC CASTOR OIL SKY ORGANICS, $16. I don’t remember where I first heard about using Castor Oil for your skin, but whatever site it was, it made an impression on me to research further.
But after checking out the top rated ones Amazon had to offer I fell onto this one that had AH-mazing reviews and one of the benefits was better eyelashes…click, SOLD!! With over 4,600 reviews and almost a solid 5 star rating that says something. This stuff is good for sunburns, dry skin, thickening brow and lash hair, scars, etc. I apply this every night religiously after I wash my face and rub it into my upper and lower lashes with my fingers (it suggests the little throwaway lash wand, but I think that’s an unnecessary expense).
Super thick so a little goes a long way so this bottle will last me forever I’m sure. I’ve never gotten so many compliments on my lashes than after using this for only 1-2 weeks every single night. My mascara works better than ever I swear. (Wearing L’Oreal Voluminous False Fibers Mascara in this pic)
3. PREMIUM COLLAGEN PEPTIDES POWDER, $27. I’ve been consuming collagen powder for awhile now. When I quit putting it in my coffee for a week or two (how I get my daily intake – it dissolves better in coffee for me) I notice my nails going downhill and my skin not looking quite as good as I remember. Yikes. Time to hit the “add to cart” button on Amazon quick!!
What is the big deal about Collagen? Per their description : Collagen is one of the most important nutrients needed to to ensure the health and vitality of your skin, hair, tendon, cartilage, bones, and joints. Around the age of 30, our bodies naturally begin to produce less collagen, and the first signs of aging start to occur. So I am a true believer in adding this to your daily diet, especially at my age of 40!! It has no flavor so it doesn’t fight with my morning cup of JO. Collagen is in all sorts of skincare products but as we all know, consuming a nutrient internally like this going to work much quicker and faster than a topical cream.
4. AMARA ORGANICS RETINOL CREAM, $19. Here’s the scoop on this cream. It’s got 2.5% retinol with moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid (what is using in facial fillers!), Jojoba Oil and Shea Butter for noticeable results with less irritation. Retinol is a big deal ingredient because it’s clinically proven to improve fine lines and wrinkles and pigmentation.
This particular cream is all natural with organic ingredients; no parabens, dyes or fragrances; Cruelty-Free & made in USA. It has zero fragrance and has almost 900 positive reviews and close to a perfect 5 start rating. I only use this cream at night because Retinol can make your skin very sensitive in sunlight.
5. FINISHING TOUCH FLAWLESS PAINLESS HAIR REMOVER, $20. Probably ones of the least glamorous items, but oh my goodness I can’t live without it. Yes I have annoying little facial hairs that seem to get more obvious the older I get along my upper lip. And mama is NOT gonna wax my upper lip. Thank goodness I was introduced to this product from when I got to review some products for Redbook Magazine. I’m loyal to this brand now. It’s small and portable gold plated that only needs 1 AA battery. It removes facial hair and peach fuzz instantly with zero pain from lips, chin, cheeks. This obviously helps makeup to go on better as well when it doesn’t have to fight through hair 😉 wink wink. #realbeautytalk
So next time you’re online with Amazon, take this specific list with you and make sure one or all 5 are added to your cart! You won’t be sorry.
Now I’d love to know – What have you bought from the Amazon beauty category lately that you’ve been blown away by??