Out of all the Kardashians, which one of is your favorite?
Or maybe a better question is, do you even care about the Kardashians??
Whether they see too much of them, can’t get enough of them, or want to stop hearing about them all together, you undoubtedly know who they are. To be honest, I rather enjoy watching them and their over the top lifestyle.
Now would I ever want their lives? Heck to the NO. But do they make for fab entertainment and makeup & hair inspiration? ABSOLUTELY.
Today I want to chat about mom of three and the eldest of the sisters, Kourtney Kardashian, whose makeup and style I really love and can relate too more than any of the others.
I guess I just tend to gravitate towards celebrities more in my age range now that I’ve hit 40 and don’t find that any good comes out of comparing myself to 20-somethings anymore. Bad for my mo-jo you know??
I like Kourtney’s lower key style. Which most probably wouldn not consider low key until you compare her to her sisters Khloe and Kim. She’s admittedly more of a homebody and a less-is-more kinda gal when it comes to her beauty routine.
I’ve ready many articles about Kourtney and her skincare and makeup routine on the internet and have found that she definitely has hard and fast favorites. Quite a few of her favorite beauty products she has stayed loyal to through the years.
Here’s what I found are Kourtney Kardashian’s TOP 5 MOST TRUSTED beauty products :
- Moisturizer : Elizabeth Arden 8 hour moisturizer, $22. She claims to use it as lip balm, under her eyes and even on top of her foundation to look dewy! She’s always got a tube somewhere nearby!
- Foundation : Oxygenetix Oxygenating foundation, $66. Kourtney says that after years of having so many different makeup artists mess with her skin, she was breaking out a lot, and now her trusted mua’s have to carry this brand of foundation to only use on her!
- Mascara : Lancome Hypnose Buildable Volume Mascara, $27. She loves using this mascara and buys multiple tubes at a time.
- Eyelash Curler : Charlotte Tilbury Life Changing Eyelash curler, $22. Mario Dedivanovic who works with all the K gals, says that using an eyelash curler is an absolute must for getting wider and longer looking lashes. Kourtney prefers this one.
- Lipstick (night + day) : Day , The Kourt X Kylie Collection in “French Kiss,” and Night, YSL Rouge Pur Couture in “Le Orange,” $38. Admittedly she loves a bright orange red lip to feel put together in a flash, but her nude she created with her younger sister Kylie is a good daytime shade.
Pop culture update :
If you don’t watch “Keeping up with the Kardashians” – the latest is, Kourtney said on the latest episode that she is “ashamed” of her famous family for being “disgusting.” You can read more about the feud here if you’re one of those that kares (get it – K) about the Kardashians.
I watched it, it was heated and honestly rather uncomfortable to view. It was one of the first times I was thinking while watching that, “Wow, that anger coming from the girls doesn’t look fake at all.”
Basically she sounded like she just wants to lay low and be with her kids and more of a normal mom (if you can with that last name) unlike her sisters who are total limelight lovers. It seems Kourt is over all the photo shoots and publicity stunts as of lately.
Can you blame her? Even though I’ll admittedly read every article about them and watch their show, I sure wouldn’t want any part of their very public family life. I’m exhausted just thinking about it. But excuse me while I go online shopping for that Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream Kourtney swears by….
Will you admit to keeping up with the Kardashian family??