It is no secret that I LOVE working with brides on their wedding day, but I also really enjoy doing the prep work with brides at their trial runs.
Of course working with a bride on her big day is great because it is typically the happiest day- so far -of these women’s lives that I am getting to share with them. They are in great moods for a multiple of reasons: they have lots of people surrounding them that day that love them, they’re being pampered by hair and makeup, they get to wear a brand new beautiful dress of their choice, and they are about to marry the person of their dreams that they have decided to spend the rest of their life with. So the fact that I get to be in the mix of all that fun and be in charge of creating their wedding day face for them, is thrilling.
But doing their bridal trial runs/consults is equally as fun because we are less pressed for time and can really sit back and talk about their vision for what they want to look like when they walk down that aisle and all eyes are on them. I am posting some pics of a bridal consult I recently did (thanks Ashleigh for letting me post close ups of your pretty face for the world to see!) and that I will be working with in two weeks here in the great city of Athens.
Consults are a necessary part of the process because:
- I like to be comfortable knowing that the bride and I are on the same page in terms of their “look” before the actual wedding day. I encourage brides to bring photos of looks they love to give me an idea of what they gravitate towards.
- Everyone is on a time schedule on the big day and there is no time for mistakes or better yet experimentation!
- Trial runs helps us to work out all the kinks and try a bunch of looks until we get it right.
- We can try false lashes to make sure bride is comfortable with the way they feel so that they’re not surprised or uncomfortable on the day they should feel most comfortable (see Ashleigh’s awesome lashes above!)
- I use so many different products while experimenting with a bride’s look. If someone off the street wanted to use all the stuff I do or buy everything I end up using on the day of, I calculated it would literally cost them over $400 in product…at least…to recreate what I have!
- Once the bride is happy with what I’ve created, then I write everything down on a face chart (I created my own and have each product and color I used listed on the left hand side) so that I have it to reference on wedding day.