I have fairly normal skin that tends to go kinda dry during the winter months. But this winter seems to be doing a doozy on my face due to the extreme weather conditions. It feels awfully dry and tight, but it also is showing signs of dullness and redness.
Here is a step-by-step list from cleansers, moisturizers, to makeup products that I have been using in order to make my skin look more refreshed:
1. Cleanser- Clearasil Daily Face Wash (oil free). This creamy cleanser cleans my skin with that famous Clearasil tingle, but does it without over drying.
2. Daily moisturizer- St. Tropez Everyday Gradual Tan For Face ($25) in light/medium color. If you don’t like being super pale and need just a hint of color without looking like you’ve fake baked, this product is awesome. I don’t mind fair skin, but I don’t want to appear transparent during the winter months;-)
3. Nighttime moisturizer- Avon’s Anew Reversalist Night Renewal Cream. This stuff is pretty hydrating and can also make your skin a little sensitive in the beginning. So a little goes a long way.
4. Foundation & Concealer- Stila Sheer Color Moisturizer in color Bare ($17) combined with Jemma Kidd JK Mannequin Skin ($28) which is a luminizer lotion. I need all the moisture I can get, so that’s why I have been using a tinted moisturizer in addition to my daily moisturizer. And the Mannequin Skin gives my skin color a glow so it doesn’t look so flat. Cover Girl and Olay’s Simply Ageless concealer in color corrector (a yellow shade) was used under my eyes, around the sides of my nose, and along my lower lip line. My lips are chapped and red, so using concealer here tones that redness down. This concealer is great bc it’s also very hydrating for agin skin like mine;-)
5. Eyes- I used a burgundy mineral shimmer shadow by Trish McEvoy (not available anymore I don’t think-shown above). I like the use of the color burgundy with a tough of bronzey red in it to help warm up my face. The addition of a light shimmer also boosts my eyes. I didn’t use eyeliner bc I didn’t have time, you know how it goes 😉
6. Bronzer- I used the bronzer included in my latest Tarte The Jewelry Box I got from Christmas ($52). And I just used it around the perimeter of my face and along the hairline. Any more than that and it would look too fake right now.
7. Blush- Tarte Cheek Stain in Tipsy. I like using cheek stains in the winter bc once again with my dry skin, a stain looks more natural than a dry powder sitting on top of my dry skin. I want rosey cherub cheeks like my sweet little Vivian has naturally;-)
8. Lips- I use Smith’s Rosebud Salve underneath my MAC Lipglass in color Viva Glam 6. The #6 is a wonderful neutral pink with a hint of champagne shimmer. Pink lips brighten up a dull face better than a harsh red or brown and I like this shade better than Viva Glam 5 which tends to go more brown than this one.
9. Scarf- And last but not least, everyone needs a nice colorful scarf to brighten up your face and for functional warm reasons! I have on the watercolor looking one by Tarnish from Nordstrom I got last Christmas that I wear with everything. They don’t have my print available anymore, but they have a super cute peacock print that I just might have to invest in if we get anymore stinking snow down here!
So don’t let the winter weather get you OR your face down. Dryness and blotchiness don’t stand a chance against these simple steps to more supple looking skin!!