I’m getting warm weather fever. And that means with the rise in temps (much warmer and sunnier!), means I crave a change in my wardrobe and look. There are so many things I’m feeling I need to purchase in order to be ready for this bright new season. Some things I’ve already snagged and some I have yet to get my hands on.
Here’s what JennySue is hot for this summer:
1. Going green…on my fingernails! I love this Estee Lauder “wicked green” creme polish ($19) I’m seeing all over the place. It’s not your typical spring green, it’s more Wicked Witch of the East. So cool, slightly dark, very edgy, with a bit of summer grass influence. It’s the new black polish!
2. In the jean genre, is my new love of denim shirts like the one from Target’s Mossimo brand I just bought for $20. It’s super soft and tailored so it doesn’t look slouchy- it looks chic on!
I love this pic of Ashley Olsen with her skinny black denim along with her jean shirt- it’s OK to mix two denims as long as they’re different shades. However- this mom of 3 will NOT be wearing my shirt unbuttoned this low!! HA!! She’s brave- or very young;-)
3. Peonies on the table and throughout the house! Are peonies even in season right now- I think only until June from what I’ve read?? I don’t fully know, all I know is that these are my new favorite flower (Louis tried to give Blair a bouquet full of these on Gossip Girl the other night- small romantic detail!). And fresh flowers make me happy. These are super girly don’tcha think??
4. Bright look at me shadow like Ginnifer Goodwin’s rockin vivid turq eye makeup look from the Met Gala the other night. Her hair left little to be desired in my opinion, but she’s rocking the green dress (like my nail polish I’m longing for!) and the cool shadow.
She definitely didn’t play it safe!! But I love the balance of look at me shadow, with neutral lips and cheeks.
5. My sweaty hair cover up- my new tan collapsible fedora from guess where…Target! Of course, I’m always on a budget, and when it comes to hats, I like to change them up so they can’t be pricey. The is my new one below and then a pic of super fashionable Lauren Conrad in a fedora.
I love the polished look of a fedora, and this one will cover up not so perfect summer hair any day and still make me look chic…hopefully! I pulled it out this morning for a Mother’s Day breakfast with my Jack at 9am. It also helps distract from little time to do makeup!!
6. And of course my last essential must be a makeup product, and it’s going to be Tarte’s Lipsurgence lip stain ($24).
I’ve read tons about this must have chubby lip stain pencil and how it’s got a pepper minty smell and filled with collagen boosting peptides for bee stung lips. Sounds like the perfect combination right??
So I’m curious- what are your Summer 2011 must haves in fashion and beauty?? Fill me in on what’s hot for you this Summer!!