Once again I fall for an advertising campaign just because of the name of the product. Revlon’s PhotoReady line had me hook line and sinker because of the concept that I could look ready for a photo in an instant.
So I purchased the PhotoReady Compact Makeup ($12) for sheer ease of the ability to open up my makeup and swipe it on without pouring the foundation out of a bottle like I usually do. And it promises to give me an airbrush-like finish with the ease of a sponge- and who wouldn’t want that??
Here is a breakdown of my “likes” and “dislikes” about this particular product and some photos to show the results.
- ease of the compact with a mirror on the inside so I can apply it anywhere
- finish is somewhere around medium coverage. nice and light, not too heavy feeling on my skin
- has an SPF of 20- a must have for makeup these days
- price is $12, which I think is about right for the packaging, mirror and sponge inclusion, and finish it provides.
- small size of sponge included and shape. just not big enough for me to control well
- I like the finish, but I disagree that it is airbrush-like. And the screen insert was annoying and got messy which is why I ditched it.
- there are only 8 color choices-really?? So if you have super dark skin, I think you might be out of luck in getting a color that’s right for you
- I like the SPF factor, but think that it might make my skin too light in photos before the addition of bronzer and blush. So this goes against the photo ready idea. Maybe I should have gone one step darker in color now knowing this
And since the thought of JUST wearing foundation would leave you ready for photographs is far from realistic, here is a previous post I did on 5 Tips For Looking Better In Photographs.