All of my May magazines are focusing straight on the summer months and have left spring out in the cold. So I figure it’s time for me to embrace the ocean colored makeup looks and welcome in hottie Ms. Summertime! There are tons of sea and ocean inspired colors out right now so I am going to show you my best mermaid inspired eyes and how easy it is to wear.
- Apply a neutral ivory shadow all over lid from brow to lash line. I used “virgin” from the Naked palette.
- I ground the eye by applying a neutral very light taupey brown from lash line to crease, “naked” from the same Naked palette.
- Then the fun part! I swept the “edgy emerald” from Maybelline all along the lower lash line, then carried it out slightly past the eye creating that sideways V I always talk about, the blending it every so slightly towards the center of the lower lid stopping right before the center.
- To pack even more punch, I added a true seafoam green with a bit of blue from my BB palette, “pacific,”and just traced back over the cream shadow from before. Gives even more staying power! *this color is no longer available- another option could be NYX eyeshadow in “seafoam green.”*
- Line only the upper lid with a very think line of liquid liner in black or brown.
- Line inner rim of lower waterline with a white pencil to make whites of eye pop.
- Finish with lots of black mascara. Waterproof! Mermaids do swim in the ocean right??