I have had my lash extensions in for a solid week now. And I had such a HUGE response from everyone wanting to know more about them the moment I posted I had gotten them done here! So I figured I would catch you all up on what my thoughts are so far on these faux fringes.
Overall, they still look pretty much the same as they did the day I got them. Here’s what I have noticed about everyday wear so far:
- I’ve only seen 2 actual single lashes fall off – and I have no idea where they fell from.
- I have found that washing my face in the shower or in the sink, is not as easy as it used to be bc you have to be SO careful not to pull or tug too hard on these things. Apparently I used to scrub the heck out of my eye lids because now that I can’t, it feels like I’m not getting my face as clean!
- Applying eye liner is not easy either around these things, bc they are so long and have a natural bend to them. I have had to resort to using a slanted brush in eye shadow to dot along the lash line to act as eye liner. Liquid eyeliner is a huge pain and I’m not even taking the time to deal with it anymore.
- They are kind of spiky feeling. Meaning, they’re definitely not as soft as my natural lashes (obviously) and they hit my sunglasses now!
- You cannot use a cotton ball to take your eye makeup off anymore. I did it once, and was left with white cotton stuck all in them – it was a mess. Kleenex from now on.
- They clump up slightly when I wake up in the morning and I have to run a steel toothed comb thru them to unclump. There are a couple places I’m starting to notice shifting and clumping together more, so hopefully it won’t get worse.