We all get in beauty, hair, and clothing ruts. It’s a fact of life. We are human. We get comfortable with things that are working for us (or so we think) and so we continue to repeat those things over, and over, and over again. Until they begin to look and feel tired.
Now I’m not implying you need to do complete look overhauls like turning your hair blue or getting another new tattoo, like the above ladies seem to show up with on a daily basis! I’ve got some realistic ideas on quick and simple changes you can make to update whatever part of your look is feeling stale. Feel free to pick and choose at least one or all five to help spark some fun change for the upcoming holiday season with these current products!
1. Change up your every day LIP COLOR. This is seriously the easiest update to make. Have you just been wearing clear Chapstick everyday? Add a fun neutral high gloss like Sonia Kashuk for Target Ultra Luxe Lip Gloss in “prettiest pink,” $9. Used to wearing bright fuchsia lips throughout the summer? Go for a matte sophisticated red like Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in “vesuvio,” $26 for a more cold weather feel.
2. Add A MASK to your weekly skin care routine for fresher looking skin. I’m as guilty as the next girl for doing the same ole skin care routine every night, but sometimes we need a good skin boost during the week. Try to add Bliss’s That’s Incredi-‘peel” resurfacing pads, $39, once a week at night to give you a more beautiful complexion pick me up that contains a little glycol to help smooth your skin while you sleep!
3. Do a fun METALLIC MANICURE. I’m not talking intricate time consuming nail art, just an easy fun polish! It’s about to be the holidays, so add some shimmer to those nails, it’s the perfect season to do so. You can go fun and all out flirty with glittery royal blue nails like Deborah Lippmann’s Lady Sings The Blues, $19, or try a more a more mature shimmery brown like Estee Lauder’s Chocolate Foil, $20. Nails are where you can take a big risk and it not be so obvious.
4. Wear BRIGHTER BLUSH. As the winter months approach, you might think you need to tone down the blush because your skin will be lighter due to less exposure. Just the reason I think you should add more blush to add more color to a less than colorful complexion. Try MAC’s “Pink Swoon,” $21 to bring that complexion alive.
5. Add ANYTHING LEOPARD. Anywhere in your wardrobe. It can be a scarf, top, shoes, or even a bracelet. Nothing says I’m more fun and sassy than a little of this animalistic print. You could go with an easy ASOS clutch or these amazing Enzo booties.
Follow along with me!