I was recently asked to be a part of the Conde Nast Influencer program and my first assignment was to create a holiday look inspired by some awesome makeup products sent to me through Mary Kay. This is the sort of thing I really get into…Merry Christmas came early to my face!!
1. The FOUNDATION PRIMER is unlike any other I’ve tried. It made my skin feel like silk before the foundation, powders, and concealers were applied. And once they were, my skin has never looked better.
2. “SHY BLUSH” MINERAL CHEEK COLOR and the “DESERT SUN” BRONZING POWDER had the perfect amount of shimmers in them and the colors gave me glowing cheeks that I long for. It felt like Christmas lights on my face!
3. If you want the perfect makeup remover that doesn’t leave an oily residue but takes everything off lickity split, try their OIL FREE EYE MAKEUP REMOVER.
4. This was the first time I had ever used a CLEAR LIP LINER (cue the shock value), and I loved this idea of an invisible liner to keep my red lip from bleeding. How had I never tried this before?? And can we talk about the TRUE DIMENSIONS LIPSTICK in “FIRECRACKER??” A most beautiful, richly pigmented, and buttery feeling red lipstick. This is going in high rotation for the holidays.
1. Although I loved the shades of the MINERAL EYE COLORS I used, they flaked really badly when using and got all over my face. Super messy. Luckily there was that awesome eye makeup remover though.
2. The MAKEUP BRUSHES were not the best quality and I have definitely used better to apply my makeup with.
3. LIQUID LINER was a must for getting this look right, but this liner left me underwhelmed for two reasons – it was hard to maneuver (the felt tip part too short and rigid to get a nice smooth line) and it faded quickly.
4. Unnecessary product of the bunch – the LASH PRIMER. I just want a great mascara that works without having to use an additional product first. My lashes got clumpier with the addition of the primer, but the LASH LOVE mascara alone works awesomely.
There were 3 Mary Kay holiday looks in all including my White Hot Suit look (even though I chose a hot black leather jacket over my white sequin tank top instead!). So be sure to check out the other 2 inspirational looks and products for creating Flapper Chic and Screen Siren HERE. Big thanks to Conde Nast and Mary Kay for this opportunity to experience these products. Now I have a go-to party look in my back pocket…ah hem…makeup bag!
*I received all of these products complimentary from Mary Kay through Conde Nast. All opinions on these products are my own and honest as always.*