“The Pantone color of the year, Marsala, was chosen because it enriches our mind, body, and soul, exuding confidence and stability. Marsala is a subtly seductive shade, one that draws us in to embracing it’s warmth.” Executive Director of Pantone Color Institute, Leatrice Eiseman.
This whole description of Marsala sounds exactly like what I want in my makeup colors – enriching, seductive, confident, what more could you ask for in a shade?! So I decided to create a look that incorporates this color of the year (while not trying to color my whole face with it!) in combination with a few other complimentary colors. Here’s a look…
- The shimmery pearl white was used all over my lid and in the tear ducts
- Marsala (in the center of the palette) which was used to compliment and outline my crease of my lid and on top of my brown eyeliner on the upper lid.
- The moss green was used along my lower lash line on top of my NYX pencil listed above.
- For the cheeks I used a warm shade of apricot blush to compliment the red brown eye, but not to repeat the exact color.
- The lip gloss I chose has a reddish pink base to it but with a shimmery gold finish.